Willhi wh7016g temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratface246

Reaction score
I have asked this question before with no response. Probably in the wrong forum. If anyone has successfully used the above device can they please help with clarification of the wiring diagram given in the product manual. As at present, it seems to suggest that a short circuit would occur joining neutral and live when the relay is actuated.Comparison with the circuitry for a similar apparatus obtained from the Internet, the Fridgemate shows a clear and unambiguous ,electrically safe system. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Hi ratface,
I now have the same controller (WH7016G) to use with a fridge. How did you got wiring it?
J

Neutral goes to screw 5 . Live goes to screw 4 which is then connected to screw 1. When the relay activates, screw 2 then becomes live and feeds power to the fridge to get it to do whatever you need it to do by setting the temp. controller to heat or cool. I sought the advice of a professional and a hefty relay is interposed between the controller and the fridge because of current surge when compressor cuts in. However, the controller can be used on a heatbelt without any fancy additions.
You may find this more helpful. Dated 7/16/12 from bistr https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/help-needed-337318/
best of luck.

Back