Walker's Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a few of my recent favorites. As always, I'm willing to make labels for anyone that wants them, simply because I enjoy this as much as making the beer.

gruagach_80_old2.jpg

pandorasbox_00.jpg

kaduva_ipa.bmp

-walker

yes, I use the Gimp. Been tinkering with that program since... hell... whenever it came out for the first time.

and.. what does "cream crackered" mean?

-walker

good thing you put "worn out" on there, or I would have had to ask what knackered meant, too. :D

-walker

Horses used to be taken to the knackers yard when they weren't fit for work to be turned into matresses and glue.

I've been kegging bottling and bewing for 9 hours. And I have still to right my logs up and do the bottle labels.

Nice labels Walker! I've yet to use GIMP but i will be giving it a go now

Very nice. Always fun to flex a little Gimp-fu :)

What font is that on the pandora's box label? Very cool.

On a side note, what is the meaning behind the 80/-? I have seen that numerous times, but never understood the significance.

Sorry for the stupid question...

yeah, that one seems to be a big hit here. Now I fear that the beer (brewed last night) will never live up to the label. :D

-walker

HomerT said:
On a side note, what is the meaning behind the 80/-? I have seen that numerous times, but never understood the significance.

Sorry for the stupid question...

Scottish ales back in the old days were priced based on how strong they were. The /- is read as "shilling". SO, thisis a Scottish 80 Shilling ale.

also, there are no such things as stupid questions. :)

-walker

Back