4th annual Great Lakes Cider and Perry Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadymi

Reaction score
SWMBO and I went today. (one day event) There were around 20 commercial hard cider (cideries?) represented with over 100 different ciders available to sample. Admission was $15 which inc. souveineer glass and 10 pour tickets. SWMBO and I both departed feeling pleasantly "tingly". Hard cider production has exploded here in MI. Nearly every winery is now offering hard cider also. Best part is this is held 8 miles from our house.

Hard to say what my fav was. Had a blueberry cider that was excellent. Had 1 aged in bourban barrel was very nice. Also had an organic made with natural yeasts and no sulphites or added sugars that was very tasty. Actually they were all good....never really had a bad cider. I did try one that was spiced that I wasn't fond of....swmbo loved it tho.

I really wanted to get to this event, but was out of state at the time. Went last year and had a blast. I also live only about 8 miles away.

Back