Label for my "baby beer"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonnio

Reaction score
So you guys probably know that I brewed a special beer to hand out when my daughter is born, so here is the label. I am open to suggestions/critique.

I took the design from the paint/bedding in our nursery
IMG_6989.JPG

and came up with
Isabel_Baby_Beer_to_post.jpg

Nice, but one issue. It should be It's, not Its'. Oh, and I bet your wife hopes the baby is not 9 lbs, 4 oz. That would be a big (read: painful) baby.:)

hehe, thanks Shecky - your definitely right on the typo, and yes, I think we are both hoping for 8 lbs something or less :)

You could try to make the ' mark in it's to be a pacifier. Im sure you could find some simple silhouette of one online somewhere.

Yeah...I like that. Id see if I could tone down the color on it just a bit so that its more along the lines of the other colors.

It probably won't work given the color scheme, but maybe some pink is in order. I know it's tough to think pink when talking beer, but it is a girl, after all.

I'm glad the baby isn't as big anymore. Your wife is probably breathing easier.

love the label! i am planning on brewing a batch in honor of my baby boy who is due in early january! my wife thinks it is odd, but i am glad to see another person had the same idea!

Greg - I think your right now that you say it...I couldn't place it on what looked out of whack. I tried just removing all of the color, but I am not sure if it needs to be in between.

Shecky - this is about all I could come up with pink. I was thinking that it did look kind of boyish, but not sure yet on the outline.

BlackCoffee - Your wife also isn't the only SWMBO that thinks its odd :)

Isabel_Baby_Beer3.jpg

Id say you cant go wrong with either the pacifier being black or muted. You could made make the "My Baby's Name" pink also...couldn't hurt to give it a quick try.

Anyway to change the background of the portion where the text is located to a bit brighter....might make it look more girlie???

I didn't think the pink would work with that color scheme. It's not necessary. Personally, I hate pink (and I have 2 girls whose bedroom walls are the brightest, most obnoxious pink you have ever seen).

I like the idea of going with your nursery theme. Skip the pink. Don't know what I was thinking.:drunk:

Id say you cant go wrong with either the pacifier being black or muted. You could made make the "My Baby's Name" pink also...couldn't hurt to give it a quick try.

Anyway to change the background of the portion where the text is located to a bit brighter....might make it look more girlie???

actually, I think the whole thing might need a touch of being brighter. Not sure if it makes it more girly, but I think it looks a little better.

I didn't think the pink would work with that color scheme. It's not necessary. Personally, I hate pink (and I have 2 girls whose bedroom walls are the brightest, most obnoxious pink you have ever seen).

I like the idea of going with your nursery theme. Skip the pink. Don't know what I was thinking.:drunk:

hehe, I was on the same page as you, but kind of just punted it until you said something. It was worth a try though

Thanks for all the comments, definitely helping to get some ideas and feedback!!

Isabel_Baby_Beer4.jpg

I don't really have an idea off the top of my head, but you could put in some sort of girls toy(s) around the name portion.

I like the pink now. Nice and soft (hehe, soft pink, that's how you got into this predicament in the first place:D).

lol, no comment...yeah, its actually closer to the room color too, I think the picture that I used to steal the colors was too dark to begin with, but I didn't pay close enough attention to it.

I did the same thing when we found out SWMBO was preggo. It was a nut brown ale if it was a boy and Pale Ale if it'd been a girl. Name it POW Nut Brown Ale. His name is Preston Oliver Weaver. I ended up just doing Laser engraved caps (in the laser marking industry) instead of labels. The beer didn't turn out so hot. Had some twang to it that I thought was extract twang. But now, it is really good. Brewed it in February. The twang turned out to be over zealous hops that are now mellowed and quite tasty. Congrats on the little girl.

I'm glad i'm not the only crazy one. I did this for my son born back in Sept.. Everybody I gave one to gave me a look like I was a mental patient. Don't forget to save a bottle!

The layout look awesome, you'll be the coolest parent on the block in about 21 years.

Thanks for the comments guys - After sitting on it for a day or so I think I am going to just leave it as is. Once she is here I will fill in all the info and get it printed out. I think I might as well just hit up Kinko's and get permanent labels made up as I won't be taking them off any of the bottles.

Back