"reverse" my johnson control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ylee21

Reaction score
I have a A19AAT johnson control for my fermentation fridge. It's out in my patio and it's going to get really cold out there, I want to do the thing where I put a light bulb in the fridge to warm it up to ferm temps in the winter. For that I want to "reverse" my control to turn on the lamp when the temp dips below 65. Anyone know how to do that? I don't have the original manual.

Thanks in advance!

So far it's at least a triplicate post. Shabby.

And that controller is incapable of controlling a heating unit. Read the manual and you'll see this key description:

"The A19AAT type thermostats are single-stage cooling controls with Single-Pole, Single-Throw (SPST) switches that open on temperature drop."

That's it. No jumpers, no NC vs NO output. That's why it's called "A19AAT Type Cooling Thermostat"

Cheers!

Ohhhh ok I was confusing it with my Johnson Controls unit which is a different model #, I just assumed, well you know how that goes, it made an ass, well out of me anyway.

It was a double post, I'll admit, but I'll defend myself that it wasn't a triple post at least!

Sorry, wasn't certain which forum it belonged.

I did get the answer from Catt22 on a private message last night. When I opened the case there is another terminal that is plugged. Remove the plug and move the black wire to that terminal and that "reverses" the device. Sorry for all the technical terms :mug:

Back