First Beer Label: "2¢ Copper"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Reaction score
My wife the graphic designer made me a label! whatcha think!?
2cent.jpg

It's cool. How would it look if the cent symbol(where the hell is the cent symbol on my keyboard!) and "rich copper ale" were the same color as the "2".

The white kinda sticks out to me.

loop

Like the design and the name. Thought maybe the image of a penny on there would look good with it as well. As a background item or where the cent sign is now.

That's a great label. Simple, but attractive. Nice colors, nice name, everything. Don't change it a bit.

I it looks very nice. I would add a close-up of a portion of a penny as the background though.

Also, have you tried placing the cent mark centered in the triangular area behind the curve of the 2 and over the bottom leg. That would also look nice, IMO.:D

Its still a little bit of a work in progress, we have moved the ¢ to the bottom right area and it didn't look as nice. She ideally wants to rotate the ¢ so that its about 10 o clock instead of 12, but the line in this symbol is not perfectly vertical so shes going to draw one herself.

We have played around with pennies and even with an old 2 cent coin, but ended up going with a large piece of copper in the background.

I'm really happy with it and can't wait to see it on some bottles. :D

Very fresh. Good contrast, proportion and it comes across well. Something about it though, is just sticking in my craw . Not sure what...gosh that's not much help lol. I think it is a great label.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off like a Label EAC, I really appreciate all the constructive criticism and opinions, thanks guys!

I really like it. I wouldn't go overboard with trying to incorporate an actual penny into the design. This one leaves you to think a bit more without being so literal but thats just my opinion :D It would be cool to see you try a slightly different design and have the rook logo run top to bottom along side of the 2 cent design. The only thing with your current design is it is really vertical in composition. Would look great on a talled bigger bottle though!

Back