"dream" beer pictures/labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toastermm

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So most crazy posts start out with... I had this idea...

Well, I have this idea... I have been messing with GIMP more and more and want to make a picture/collage of all of our 'dream beers'.

What I want is beer ideas. I DO NOT want this to turn into an argument over which beer is better- but rather, a list of beers that we dream about. Essentially, if you opened someone's fridge, and saw one or more of these beers, you would know immediately that they are beer lovers. (Maybe include 'hard-to-get' beers?)

Here's what I'm thinking of:
-Dogfish Head 120 IPA (Maybe the 90?)
-Sam Adam's Utopia
-Westvleteren (12?)
... etc...

Any other ideas?

ps- I was going to cartoon-ize-ish the beers and collage them together with a cool looking background, I'll post a sample when I get to work on this.

I predict an argument along the lines of "why would you pick That Beer as your dream beer. it's terrible!", but.... I'll contribute:

Bell's 2-Hearted Ale
Sammy Smith's Taddy Porter
Highland's Gaelic Ale

Floris Passion is that beer to me... I got a beers of the world pub in my city and they have thousands of dif kinds, and I stumbled upon this, ....

florispass.jpg

Founder's Breakfast Stout
2005 Dogfishead 120 (at 4 years old they are super smooth)
Dale's Pale Ale (I didn't think flavor of this magnitude could come out of a can)

Wants:
Pliny the Elder
Pliny the Younger
The beer they made in Beerfest
Kate the Great

Gots:
Rochefort 6, 8, and 10
St Bernardus Prior 8 and Abbott 12
Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA
Duchesse de Bourgone

Ok here is a start... (a.k.a. unfinished)

DreamBeers.png

I like how it's coming together, BUT I didn't want to upload the *.png file- it was too big, so I converted it to a jpg- hence the quality loss (pixelish-ness).

I'm still learning a lot about inkscape- and it's soooo much fun. I just love that calligraphy tool. Anyways, here is what I will do...

1- Add more beers (in the back)
2- Add a background... ??? ... I'm not sure what to do with the background- any input???

ps- I just noticed that the bottle shine (the blur effect) on the Dupont bottle did not make it through- I'll update that later.

dude, do you have some rare label for saison dupont or something?

Hmmm, not sure. I just google image searched "Saison Dupont" and found a label.

newkie
snpa
sn celebration
sn torpedo
widmer hefe
blue moon
chimay
old stock ale (12.5 abv!)

I'm not sure I will include all of these- but chimay is def. on my list. I might make another and add a lot more beers that people want.

But anyone have any tips for the background? Just keep it white?

budweiser american ale! :ban:....

you gotta admit that was a little funny.

no seriously... scrimshaw (north coast brewing)

Latest posts

Back