No more dishwasher sanitizing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Seems since I got lazy and started to sanitize using our new dishwasher I'm getting an increase (meaning more then 1) amount of foamers.

Maybe it's not the dishwasher but with 1 foamer in my first 30 batches and 3 in my last 5 I'm going back to the manual way!

Not a big fan of kegging.

Does your dishwasher have a sanitize function? If not, it probably does not get hot enough to sanitize.

Also, are you cleaning your bottles throughly prior to putting them into the diswasher?

When I bottle Belgians, I clean the bottles using the dishwasher - but there's no substitute for the peace of mind that comes with using StarSan. A spritz in every bottle!

Not a big fan of kegging.
Say what again? :confused:

I've used One Step for everything - has worked out perfect. No dish soap touches my bottles. One Step or nothing . . .well . . .Oxy at times.

Say what again? Not a big fan of kegging. I see no use for it. How can I have 8 styles all cold and all portable at once.

I've used One Step for everything - has worked out perfect. No dish soap touches my bottles. One Step or nothing . . .well . . .Oxy at times.

Say what again? Not a big fan of kegging. I see no use for it. How can I have 8 styles all cold and all portable at once.

easy, a 21qf chest freezer on wheels. :D I had 8 beers on tap. gained 40 pound in 6 months. Now I only have 3.

Well, you could say have a keezer with all the kegs in it. You can fill a couple bottles in 5 mins time from any of the taps and be ready to roll portable.

You could also grap a plastic tub, a single regulator and co2 tank and take a 5 gallon keg to a party.

I see no use for it. How can I have 8 styles all cold and all portable at once.

You grab a few growlers and utillize the BMBF method found in these forums and you are good to go.

Get a chest freezer and temp controller and you are off to the races as far as keeping them all cold.

Kegs are harder to share with friends. I know I know, you can have them over and serve at home, or you can rig up a jockey box. But bottles are easier to transport. They're friendlier that way. And a WHOLE lot simpler and cheaper, at least over the short term.

If you don't get all the teeny tiny particles out of the bottles they will act as nucleation sites when the bottle is uncapped and you will get a gush - no infection needed. Dishwasher are great for sanitizing bottles but not very good for cleaning them.

Back