Ok, what the hell is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Endovelico

Reaction score
I've just seen this product on my online brewing store, which is supposed to be a wort chiller. The caption says its more efficient (it's a bit more pricey aswell) than the traditional copper coil. So i guess my question is, has anyone had any experience with this device?

wortchiller.jpg

I'm not sure which brand it is, but it's a plate chiller. I have the Shirron plate chiller and love it. It does great and I can hard plumb it from the pump, out. Don't believe the hype of "it's going to get clogged and you're going to get lots of infections you can't get rid of!!!" I've had mine for a few years and with some simple but attentive cleanliness, I haven't had a single infection or problem. I'd buy it again.

Some other threads on here involve some plate chillers on eBay that are for use with other things not specifically homebrew but are the same design.

A lot of it comes down to personal preference. YMMV.

Cheers!

Ah thank you FireBrewer, i still have some questions but now that i know its name (in english) i'm going for a forum search instead.

I know someone who bought one of the off-brand or no-name brand plate chillers and his works great at a much reduce drain on the pocket. As Firebrewer indicated, as long as you're attentive to cleaning then you'll have little worries. For deep down cleaning I periodically boil mine in PBW.

Using that thing for wort would be such a waste! Would be great for an industrial chiller though, lots of room for refrigerant.

For some reason it screams water cooling for PC... That's just me though.

It's a damn radiator for a 5 ton dump truck. J/K.
That is one big heat exchanger. I would hate to
have to back flush and clean it out.
What's the asking the price of that unit?

Back