Water Filter Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
Little over a year ago I bought a keg - keg filter kit for my brewing setup. Now that I've bought a house and have done a few under par beers I've narrowed it down to the poor tap water here, the water supply is a swamp (literally, no joke) and the put alot of chemicals in it so I want to use the filter setup for a temporary filter system for brewing water only.

I'll use a barbed garden hose connection to hook it up to my laundry sink. My question is what filters do I need, and how do I know what size?

I don't really want something on my kettle. My filter housing already has a 6' hose on each end so I'll just put a garden hose connection on one end.

I'm really just looking for the type of filter needed to clean the water as much as possible. There's no visible dirt in it, but I know they add a lot of stuff to the water, and I've narrowed down my off flavours to the water. So what type of filter should I use?

Back