brew stand question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I am in the thinking about it phase of building a brewing stand. I will have a three tiered system but have no idea how tall to make the highest ( hot liquor tank) section. I friend told me his was so tall he had to climb a ladder to put the water in it!!! For those of you with 3 tiered stands, how high from the ground to the top of your stand?

I have a bookshelf type setup, you only need each level to be high enough so that gravity will work in your favor. I think I have each level 3 ft or so higher than the previous, but remeber that level 1 is the ground (or burner) so you really only need to levels, maybe level 2 at 3ft and the top at 6ft or so....

My top tier burner is about 5.5 ft high. Yes, I also have to use a ladder to start the brew day. I just bought a pump and will be chopping down to a two-tier. I would strongly recommend you do that in the first place...I wish I had!

Back