Belgian Dark Strong (BCS)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemman14

Reaction score
I plan on brewing the belgian dark strong from brewing classic styles. I am doing this as an all grain beer and the recipie lists 1 lb of table sugar under extracts but doesn't mention the sugar in the all grain section. Should I still add this sugar?
thanks

Most Belgians use sugar to help dry them out. Usually 10-20% of the fermentables.

I do a lot of Belgians and always include sugar in some form. Candi syrup, turbinado or even just plain table sugar. For a Dark Strong use D2 if you can....

most belgians use sugar to help dry them out. Usually 10-20% of the fermentables.

I do a lot of belgians and always include sugar in some form. Candi syrup, turbinado or even just plain table sugar. For a dark strong use d2 if you can....

d2?

Any of those would work.

I often add it at about 10 minutes left in the boil, but it can be added at flameout or even after a few days of fermentation.

Back