need help with drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmurda

Reaction score
i made a keezer but dont want to drill holes in the side for the drip tray. i know some people have used magnets, so if any body can tell me how they did it or show me some pics that would be great. or any other ideas. thx

I tried magnets and it didn't work. Ended up using double sided tape from hardware store. Doesn't budge. Even with full glasses on it.

Magnets aren't strong enough, IMO. You can silicone a couple of L-brackets between the driptray and the keezer. That's what I'm gonna do. jaja's idea is good, too.

I glued a section of 2 X 3 to the freezer and mounted the drip tray to the wood. I simply sanded the paint off first, then used gorilla glue to attach the wood. The 2 X 3 also moved the drip tray further away from the freezer wall which put it in the perfect position under the taps. Plenty sturdy and no drilling required.

Magnets are plenty strong for a drip tray. I used five quarter sized magnets from Lowes, glued to the back of a Kobalt stainless sheetrock mud pan, Lowes again, with loctite super glue. Holds like a champ for catching drips and it's very easy to take off and rinse out.
Cost about 25 bucks total.

Catt22 said:
I glued a section of 2 X 3 to the freezer and mounted the drip tray to the wood. I simply sanded the paint off first, then used gorilla glue to attach the wood. The 2 X 3 also moved the drip tray further away from the freezer wall which put it in the perfect position under the taps. Plenty sturdy and no drilling required.

Ill prolly do that thx. Do you think if i just sanded the paint off the freezer and used silicone adheisive caulk on the drip tray it would stick to the freezer?

Ill prolly do that thx. Do you think if i just sanded the paint off the freezer and used silicone adheisive caulk on the drip tray it would stick to the freezer?

Yes, I'm sure the silicone adhesive caulk would work. One of the best adhesives I have come across is LocTite Power Grab:
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/12...rpose-Construction-Adhesives-Squeeze-Tube.htm

I like that it will hold firmly immediately, so you don't need to prop up or otherwise support whatever it is you are attaching. It then gains full strength as it sets up over the next 24 hours or so. Once it sets, it's very strong. Obviously, there are limits to how much weight it will support before fully cured, but it's a lot more than you might expect.

Here's a pic. You can see a portion of the wood block and the drip tray at the lower right. Not the best pic, but you can get the idea.

4187313347_c089ea8e64_b.jpg

Back