nascar beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EAT SOMETHING!!!! Find the happy medium where you feel good and then just try and ride it. If you keep adding to the "ride" your going to eventually crash and then bring on the hangover. You could make a "small" beer, 3-4% ABV.

Ol' Grog said:
Find the happy medium where you feel good and then just try and ride it.

There is no such thing at a nascar race. Especially on the infield @ MIS.

Good luck, and try to find someone sober enough when everyone crashes to force everyone to down bottles of water.

drouillp said:
There is no such thing at a nascar race. Especially on the infield @ MIS.QUOTE]
amen to the infield turn 4 watching on the backstretch into 3
small beer is the whole idea just lookin for a recipe

Any ordinary bitter recipe should do you OK, or a cream ale recipe should get you in the BMC but better market. Check out a thread on Dudes pub ale for a Boddington's style beer that should work too. I would suggest the cream ale for a NASCAR race I think, you'd have to mini mash it:

3.5 lbs. Extra-Light DME
2 lbs. 2-row
2 lbs. Flaked corn
0.5 lb. light crystal (20-40L)

Hop to 15-20 IBUs using any clean bittering hop, you can use one of the American C's and that should go OK, I like Mt. Hood a lot, very clean, but not your typical American citruisy hop.

Ferment with US-56, WLP001, or Wyest 1056 (Chico Ale yeast) and you're right there, about 5.0% alcohol. Back off on the extract if you want it still lighter

First my advice, Do a search on "session beer". What you're looking for is a beer you drink all day and not get TOTALLY plastered. That beer is a session beer. (It's an english or an irish term i believer)

Now a question, What about clay's recipie makes it a cream ale?

Nascar beer? Does that mean it has illegal additives to squeeze a little more juice out of your engine? :D

Homebrewers don;t normally filter tout the good stuff in their beer. Personally I never get hangovers with my beer.

For a good session you can go a number of ways. Keep the alcohol and body low, letting you and a couple buddies polish off a keg in one afternoon.

i,e.
1. British Bitter
2. Blonde or Cream Ale
3. Kolsch

now the Kolsch requires a cold conditioning period of at least 6 weeks. You can knock out a blonder or bitter in a short amount of time though.

i went with a coriander wheat for this but the sg was 1.07 fg was 1.14
that's 7.3 abv!! she tastes great but hot on the backside needs to mellow out
only 1 wk left till MIS mini kegs are tapped:mug:

i did want a session beer but after cooling i didn't want to thin it out w water to lower the og. the recipe said top end would be 60-65 maxand i refuse to dilute my beer! so this will be something to drink in small quantities so i'm only taking 1 minikeg with me. drink bmc for the rest

Have fun, I'll be in Vegas this weekend. Hopin to make August though.

If you see a bar called "Half Cocked" tell the owners the reverend and the newlyweds say hello, and do a shot for us. They'll understand.

AND SPIN THE WHEEL OF DESTINY!!!! :)

if ya want nascar beer that wont get you so druunk you cant watch the race ,i would buy miller lite ,it tastes like sewer water but you cant get drunk on it and youll deffianatlly have a hang over the next day

Back