DIY Pint Glass Etching

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done a few of these in the past. I have a graphic design company so I cut stencils out of vinyl decal material, apply them to the glasses, then you can either acid etch or sandblast. If anyone wants vinyl decals to try ti with shoot me a message

Has anyone tried this cream on a cornie???

I wanted to try to personalise a cornie keg and don't want to sandblast as I don't have the equipment

Not a carboy .... a stainless cornie.....
I was searching youtube and I think I can electro etch it with a battery and a cotton ball soaked in salt water? I think it is worth a try

I did etch my carboy... see below

CJB_6047.jpg

After Etching try, "Rub 'n Buff" to make your Glass Etchings stand out from the glass. Apply it to the etched portions of your glass then rub it off with a paper towel. It adheres to the etched part of the glass and wipes away easily from the un-etched sections of the glass. The Silver color looks very much like the actual Etch on the Glass...Only Much Brighter.

http://www.amazon.com/AMACO-Metallic-Finish-Silver-0-05-Fluid/dp/B00081G2HG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354779474&sr=8-3&keywords=rub+n+buff

images

Last edited by a moderator:
After Etching try, "Rub 'n Buff" to make your Glass Etchings stand out from the glass. Apply it to the etched portions of your glass then rub it off with a paper towel. It adheres to the etched part of the glass and wipes away easily from the un-etched sections of the glass. The Silver color looks very much like the actual Etch on the Glass...Only Much Brighter.

http://www.amazon.com/AMACO-Metallic-Finish-Silver-0-05-Fluid/dp/B00081G2HG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354779474&sr=8-3&keywords=rub+n+buff

images

I'll have to give this a try... thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the write up! I used the silver rub n buff. It really makes it pop.

I did these growlers as a wedding gift for a friend. Posted this photo just to show how it looks on straight amber glass compared to the rub n buff.

I foresee more glass etching in my future.

IMG_20130805_223553_505.jpg

Back