So, what have I missed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I have been AWOL since something like Thanksgiving. I could try to read the 100s of posts since then, but maybe you guys can fill me in. So, what have I missed?!:p

We missed you BP!

The big news (to me) is I drove to Indianopolis and bought The Pol's electric HERMS rig, and am converting 1/2 my laundry room to an indoor first-floor brewery. First brew on it should be next week.

I am adding 50 amp service this week, and adding a utility sink to the room.

What's new with you? :D

Well, you missed a couple dozen debate forum threads that would make you self-medicate. And in a much more pleasant development, a number of new folks getting ready to brew their first batches!

We missed you BP!

The big news (to me) is I drove to Indianopolis and bought The Pol's electric HERMS rig, and am converting 1/2 my laundry room to an indoor first-floor brewery. First brew on it should be next week.

That is very cool. Hitting the big time!

I survived the holidays, finished the cold-room project and having some modifications done to my kettle. I got a bag of Golden Promise from Santa and plan to put it to use soon.

Well, you missed a couple dozen debate forum threads that would make you self-medicate. And in a much more pleasant development, a number of new folks getting ready to brew their first batches!

I removed the debate forums from my display. I come here for beer and friends. If I want debate I will listen to AM radio.

Glad to hear about the new brewers. The more the merrier!

Lots of yak about snow and the dangers of brewing in your garage, even with the door open.

I think since you have been gone someone mentioned the cure for cancer is in beer brewing... might of dreamed that up; but I'm sure it was there.

Plenty of new Holiday brewers coming to the site so get ready for some repeat questions... but hey at least they are asking questions!

No seriously what is a SWMBO??? :)

Pastor! I'm always glad to see you back. I think you should tell us when you are going to disappear so we won't worry.

My only news is that we got a almost new sliding door Coke cooler for free. In it I can fit 4 primaries or 2 primaries and a couple keg or half dozen kegs or.... you get the idea.

I've also been mentoring our intern at work on how to brew and totally corrupting the young man with beer brewing information. He just turned 21 and is a complete beer snob. I'm so proud. :D

I spent a lot of time out of town so I'm trying to get caught up on all the Zul'jin posts I missed. When I came back from vacation and half the regular posters had Zul'jin quotes in their sig I knew I missed something truly spectacular. :D

Seems the average thread life expectancy increased during your departure. I'm not making any thread killing connections ….just saying … :eek:

Well, the good Pastor's back! Yay!!!!

I bought a house while you were gone. That's my big news. I'm trying to organize a brewday to help break the place in, but I'm having precious little interest....

:off:
Yooper, I am officially disappointed in you. You are having a 50 amp subfeed put into your laundry room for a brewery conversion, and you didn't call me? Shame on you!

Well, the good Pastor's back! Yay!!!!

I bought a house while you were gone. That's my big news. I'm trying to organize a brewday to help break the place in, but I'm having precious little interest....

Yooper, I am officially disappointed in you. You are having a 50 amp subfeed put into your laundry room for a brewery conversion, and you didn't call me? Shame on you!

How many times did I beg you to come up here?!?! You're still invited, but you don't have to work while you're here!

I missed the Brewstrong. Which episode is it?

This thread them reminds me of what a guy is doing on a guitar forum, a weekly recap of notable events of the week called "As the wheel turns.." or such: who bought what guitar, what Joe did on his quest for perfect intonation, other funny bits that happened.

Fun to read!

I need to download the episode so I can cringe at myself! It was fun and had lots of good information. It is embarrassing how flustered I felt calling in. I mean I get up and talk in front of people ALL the time, but whatever. It was good.

I like the weekly recap idea. It would be a great way to snub post whores by not including anything they had to say in the recap!

OH, I picked up my modified kettle today. I am ready to get it fired up. I will hook it up tonight and get some pictures posted tomorrow. The Desert Fish Brewery is ready to swing into operation - new coldroom, modified kettle, new HLT (old news) and lots of grain and hops. Pretty cool stuff.

I sold my rig to a fellow HBTer, Juglr. I am now building a new brewery and a yeast lab.

Very cool. What are you building and/or is there a thread up yet? What about the yeast lab? I have two black labs, one has a yeast infection in her ear, but I think that is something altogether different.

We missed you BP!

Man, I wish I had something like that to say ;) Maybe I will soon though.

Anyways, lots of the same ol' same ol' except it was the Christmas edition with lots of what did you get for Christmas and what beer did you drink during the holidays etc... Oh and I see someone wants to boil inside a carboy???

I sold my rig to a fellow HBTer, Juglr. I am now building a new brewery and a yeast lab.

Very cool. What are you building and/or is there a thread up yet? What about the yeast lab? I have two black labs, one has a yeast infection in her ear, but I think that is something altogether different.

I am going to build the same brewery as is shown in the Simple Brewery link in my sig. The yeast lab is discussed in the Godisgoode yeast lab link.

Hopefully, I will have some good building info and pics soon! :mug:

Back