My 2 y.o. hop bines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty!

After the death of my bines last year (my irrigation system failed last year in the dead of summer and I wasn't checking on them) it doesn't look like they are going to come up again... :-(

Awesome.

I have some second years coming up right now too, mine are about 1/2 as big as yours, maybe a bit more. Def better looking than last year.

How many bines per plant are you letting grow?

I get SO tired of all these great pictures of people's hops in the Spring! Going into the fourth year and I won't see much growth until late May. Only three sunny warm days in the last two months.

Did you do anything to them during or before the winter? not that you have much of a winter in Alabama.

Very cool that you were able to propagate those hops. How do those look compared to the 2nd year hops? The cuttings i took from mine when i transplanted have done zip. The original plants themselves are doing great though.

:) :) :)
Left: Cascade
Middle: Fuggle
Right: Cascade-close up
Was able to dig up two additional cascade offshoots today and replanted so now I have 4 Cascade plants. Not shown is a Mt. Hood.

Hey, I was just wondering how you anchored those PVC's into the ground? I had planned on building a pergola to sustain my hop growth, but instead went with PVCs as well, however, no T at the top... nice touch... looks like I should add that for sure! I'm assuming those are 10' tall....?

Thanks man!

Back