2 batch day with a first time brewer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
One of my coworkers has been telling me for the longest time he wanted to do a batch of his own. I told him the first time he mentioned that to me that I would help him with his first batch and all he needed to do was buy a kit. I let him know I'd help him brew it and he could use all of my equipment including bottles the only catch being we'd split the batch. This was well over a year ago.

Well a few days ago he finally bought a kit and decided he was ready to brew. I have a batch I've been wanting to do for a few weeks, so I decided he could watch me do the first batch and I'd be there for questions on his batch. Sure enough we've got two batches that we're doing today and hopefully a new brewer comes out of it.

Nice. Sounds like fun. My brother and I do double 5 gallon days now. Last week was a ginger beer for him and a porter for me. Took us around 8.5 hours from dough-in to pitch, plus a little bit to clean up.

Nice. Sounds like fun. My brother and I do double 5 gallon days now. Last week was a ginger beer for him and a porter for me. Took us around 8.5 hours from dough-in to pitch, plus a little bit to clean up.

Nice. He started heating up water for the porter now. Batch #2 is underway. The guy seems legitimately excited.

That's awesome!! Brewing is always better with company. I got my brother into brewing about a year ago. It took forever to convince him to get into it, but now he is the one that asks me when we are gonna brew again. Its a great feeling to see someone as amped as you are about brewing. Its also a great thing to know you got em into it :D

I did the same thing today. A guy at work has helped me with two other batches and today I bought his ingredients and turned him loose. He did really well. Not many questions and it went really smooth except for the mess his boil over made on my garage floor. He did a cream ale and I did a Spotted Cow clone.

They are both sealed up and I'm waiting for bubbles.

I did the same thing today. A guy at work has helped me with two other batches and today I bought his ingredients and turned him loose. He did really well. Not many questions and it went really smooth except for the mess his boil over made on my garage floor. He did a cream ale and I did a Spotted Cow clone.

They are both sealed up and I'm waiting for bubbles.

Nice. Well done.

Back