apple pie recipie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msnewbee

Reaction score
wanted to share a recipie i made made last year for the hollidays

in a steel pan only.
1 1/2 gal.fresh apple cider
1gal applejuice
4c sugar
5 sticks of cinnoman
1fth of everclear

heat cider,apple juice,sugar and cinnoman to 180 for 10min. cool to 125 add everclear cool it to around 80deg. put in glass container.

Delicious.

My mom brought over a 1/2 gallon of this and it tastes just like Apple Pie. We (see: My wife, sister and I) proceeded to drink this and several glasses a piece of Apfelwein. Next day was not a very good memory: head felt like it was mush.

Its funny you brought this up. My roommate doesn't know anything about brewing, but he has been trying to get me to make this up because his dad makes it. He says its delicious, but I've never had it. He even says you should "age" it for a month or two. He wants me to do it or at least be involved, because I'd got all the growlers, gallon jugs, and bottling equipment haha

I might have to do this, I know his recipe comes out to be about 8.5-9%

Oh and yeah, especially since there's no fermentation, it isn't really a wine or even homebrew, but it sounds tasty.

Back