kegging and bottling priming sugar question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
So, I've got my first kegerator setup and I currently have a blonde and a stout in my only two kegs. My Apfewein is going to be ready in about a week, and I want to bottle some and keg some. Should I add just a bit of priming sugar to the whole 5 gallon batch to carbonate the bottles? Or, should I just force carb the keg, then use my bottle filler attachment when it has fully carbed?

So, I've got my first kegerator setup and I currently have a blonde and a stout in my only two kegs. My Apfewein is going to be ready in about a week, and I want to bottle some and keg some. Should I add just a bit of priming sugar to the whole 5 gallon batch to carbonate the bottles? Or, should I just force carb the keg, then use my bottle filler attachment when it has fully carbed?

Either one would work, whichever you prefer. It might be nice to prime the whole keg, so that when your blonde kicks, you can put the apfelwein right in the kegerator!

The bottle filler is nice (see "we don't need no stinking beergun") because you'll be filling bottles with carbonated cider with no sediment. I like to bottle out of the keg, just for that reason.

Either one would work, whichever you prefer. It might be nice to prime the whole keg, so that when your blonde kicks, you can put the apfelwein right in the kegerator!

The bottle filler is nice (see "we don't need no stinking beergun") because you'll be filling bottles with carbonated cider with no sediment. I like to bottle out of the keg, just for that reason.

I've got the same bottle filler, basically a trimmed section of racking cane with a rubber stopper. I guess I need to get another corny, the only two I have are in use :eek:.

Back