Brooklyn Brewery @ Beastie Boys Concert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivan Lendl

Reaction score
Last week I saw the Beastie Boys at Maccaren park in Brooklyn and the beer was provided by Brooklyn Brewery. Basically they had 4 beer tents with 1 bartender at each to serve about 5,000 people. Yeah, you do the math. There was 2 lines, first you waited to buy a beer ticket, then you waited on the much longer line to get the beer. After about 1/2 hour on the second line with no moving at all and missing the show I gave up trying to get a beer.

Worst beer situation ever. Thanks Brooklyn Brewery.

krispy d said:
probably the fault of the promoter and budgeting and not the brewery. but either way that sucks

Yeah somebody dropped the ball. Im just soo glad I didnt wear my Brooklyn Brewery T-shirt there Ive had for years, I would have seriously got my arse kicked. (its the same shirt the people working there was wearing)

What I didnt like was the double line. It was as if they decieved you because the first line was not that big, but I didnt realize all you got was a ticket there. So while you wait on the ridiculously long beer line with your 6$ tickets you had no choice but to wait it out or eat the 6$. Luckily I found a guy waiting on the other line and sold him my tickets. He was stoked too and even gave me a high five. Haha, poor guy.

The show was amazing despite the lack of bubbly goodness.

cnbudz said:
were they only serving one beer per person at a time? I hate waiting 30min in a beer line only to get one 16 oz beer...

No but there was only 1 bartender per line and dudes were rolling up with like 20 tickets at a time. I have a feeling, or I know for a fact they sold way more tickets then beer. Thats what pisses me off. I got my money back but Im sure plenty did not. Its not like they were buying tickets back.

Ivan Lendl said:
Luckily I found a guy waiting on the other line and sold him my tickets. He was stoked too and even gave me a high five. Haha, poor guy.

SONOFA! :mad: NOW I KNOW WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE!!!!

I saw them beginning of the month, you missed a good time as always. Usually beer is the easiest thing to get/do at concerts.....oh well

On the bright side, that would be better than waiting in line for macroswill.

Faced with similar situations, I just find the beverage path of least resistance for thirst quenching.

Back