50 Worst Beers in the world

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy crap they can't just list it? They apparently don't know what TLDR means. As long as it includes PWB 360 its a solid list.

Funny that almost all of the beers on this list are BMC and piss yellow in color. I'm not surpirse by anything on this list because i had a few in my poor college career. Not because i bought it, it was just there

Worst beers in the world - Photo #1 - Houston Chronicle

Funny, 3 of the beers on that list won Gold, Silver, and Bronze for American Light Lager at the GABF this year. I am sure there are a few more medal winners on the list as well. Just because it's yellow fizzy beer, and you are a freaking beer snob who doesn't like yellow fizzy beer doesn't mean it's a bad beer.

That list makes little sense...how is miller lite and bud light on there? If they were really that bad then they wouldn't sell them like their going out of style...Obviously put together by beer snobs that can't admit that bud and miller put out solid products over and over and over for how many years now?

This is from 2010 WBC.
Don't get me wrong I'm down for a bud or silver bullet any day but is seems like one of big guys has to win with the pool of entries. I'm just curios who lost, I haven't seen Red Dog in CA for a decade...

Category 1: American-Style Cream Ale or Lager, 17 entries
Gold: Red Dog, Miller Brewing Co., Milwaukee, WI
Silver: Old Style, Pabst Brewing Co., Woodridge, IL
Bronze: Lone Star, Pabst Brewing Co., Woodridge, IL

PWB 360 (pretty sure it stands for Poor White Bastard) isn't on it, it doesn't count.

I'm not hating on bud or coors. They are my fall backs if the place dont have what i want or just switch to hard liquor. I dont know who put together that list probably people that hate BMC products

I wanna try "beer 30 light"

It's...interesting. We found it at a beer distributer here in PA and absolutely had to try it. I mean, how can you say no to this packaging?

Beer30light1.jpg

It wasn't any worse than your typical light beer, and it at least had some flavor—a fairly strong grape-y taste. It's also crazy cheap.

I'm not hating on bud or coors. They are my fall backs if the place dont have what i want or just switch to hard liquor. I dont know who put together that list probably people that hate BMC products

The list is according to ratings on ratebeer.com. ratebeer.com is frequented by people that love beer, and usually not the BMC type.

*yawn* beer snobbery, namely the bashing of BMC type beers is so overplayed on this site. i like craft beer too, and drink mainly craft and homebrew, but that doesn't mean that all other beer is cr@p. i love an ice cold PBR on a hot summer day, and have been known to pick up a 6er of Mountain Crest/Creek on my way to the disc golf course because it's $2.99 and it quenches my thirst. no one comes off as a knowledgable beer drinker if they close their mind to a particular style just because all the cool guys on ratebeeradvocate.com do.

i love an ice cold PBR on a hot summer day, and have been known to pick up a 6er of Mountain Crest/Creek on my way to the disc golf course because it's $2.99 and it quenches my thirst.

sweet. disc golf.

no one comes off as a knowledgable beer drinker if they close their mind to a particular style just because all the cool guys on ratebeeradvocate.com do.

There is no reason to assume that the folks who bash BMC are doing so because of what happens on a website or because they "close their mind." That may be the case for some, but i'm pretty sure plenty of the 'haters' have had numerous examples of the particular style, and well, find them to be crap.

discnjh said:
There is no reason to assume that the folks who bash BMC are doing so because of what happens on a website or because they "close their mind." That may be the case for some, but i'm pretty sure plenty of the 'haters' have had numerous examples of the particular style, and well, find them to be crap.

This. I've also had examples of other styles of beer that were other crap.

yeah, you're probably right. i think many of the examples of that style are garbage, but there's some good ones IMO. also, good times for a light, thirst quenching beer. i don't think pabst is a particularly great beer, but its a good example of the style.
and yeah, disc golf! gotta love a winter where you can still keep your golf bag in the trunk and play once a week or so. :mug: should lead to less crappy rounds come springtime. :rockin:

and yeah, disc golf! gotta love a winter where you can still keep your golf bag in the trunk and play once a week or so. :mug: should lead to less crappy rounds come springtime. :rockin:

I used to play a lot, particularly when I lived in Nashville. And now I live in Louisiana, and seriously, there are very few days in winter where I couldn't easily play a round. But alas, I have fallen quite out of practice. Just other things taking up my time.

Wait, there's a 3.2% version of 8-ball? What's the point?

Oh, the Ratebeer page made me laugh (see bold):

Brewed by Miller Brewing Company (MillerCoors)
Style: Malt Liquor
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Serve in Lager glass, Paper Bag, Shaker

The paper bag never seems to hold up for long after I've poured my beer into it. I also have a hard time drinking out of it without spilling all over myself. By the end of the night, I look like I've been a participant in the world's worst wet t-shirt contest.

I had some craft beer last night that had an awful sulfur smell, I'd have gladly had a bud in it's place.

I'm not into light beers, but I working in a brewery myself, I recognise the effort that is put into place to keep these products consistent and fault free. On a commercial scale, it's pretty easy to make flawed beer.

I've had plenty of those beers as I am surf most of us have. some are better than others. The worst thing I ever drank was Zima! I took one sip and almost horked. I ain't no beer snob tho. I still drink bud in the can at NASCAR! I like the best beer list. I've never had any of those and will be looking to try em.

I nominate Silverback Pale ale by Wynkoop to the list. Its vile, It tastes like an ashtray.

There's a time and place for every beer. I'm sorry, but I don't want Old Rasputin in the middle of the summer after doing yard work. Likewise, I don't want Pliny the Elder while tailgating for a football game. Honestly, a nice Budweiser Classic sounds delicious in either of those circumstances.

Funny five years ago or so this would have been my list of best beers in the world.

One summer in college, we drank a local liquor store clean out of this cheap beer called American Light. We'd literally bring it home by the trunk full. By the end of the summer, they raised the price $2 per case because we kept cleaning them out.

falconnuke said:
There's a time and place for every beer. I'm sorry, but I don't want Old Rasputin in the middle of the summer after doing yard work. Likewise, I don't want Pliny the Elder while tailgating for a football game. Honestly, a nice Budweiser Classic sounds delicious in either of those circumstances.

My thing is that I can find beer that is not a light American lager to enjoy in the middle of summer after doing yard work or tailgating. For me at least, a nice crisp pilsner or kolsch hits the spot perfectly. The only issue with the tailgating is the glass containers. But, there's always plastic cups and now craft beer in cans!

Latest posts

Back