apfelwien turned out great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheephrdr

Reaction score
made 2 gallons of apple wine according to recipe on site... heres what i did

i bought 2 1 gallon jugs of 100% presidence choice apple juice no preservatives.. i added around a pound of sugar to each jug, then split the yeast (lavlen champagn) I did the primary right in the jugs of juice from the store and just loosened the caps to let the air out.. primary for about 2 weeks then secondary in glass for a few months.. one gallon i made with apple spices and the other plain..

the plain apple wine tastes supprisingly like a good chrisp white wine with a hint of apple taste.. it measures in around 10-11%

very good and thanks for the recipes and ideas here

What a coincidence! We bottled ours yesterday! It is a fantastic recipe and glad yours came out as good as ours did. We didn't try spices but maybe next time we will. It almost tastes like a more alcoholic version of Harpoon's apple cider but without the carbonation (laziness on our part lol). Happy drinking!

made 2 gallons of apple wine according to recipe on site... heres what i did

i bought 2 1 gallon jugs of 100% presidence choice apple juice no preservatives.. i added around a pound of sugar to each jug, then split the yeast (lavlen champagn) I did the primary right in the jugs of juice from the store and just loosened the caps to let the air out.. primary for about 2 weeks then secondary in glass for a few months.. one gallon i made with apple spices and the other plain..

the plain apple wine tastes supprisingly like a good chrisp white wine with a hint of apple taste.. it measures in around 10-11%

very good and thanks for the recipes and ideas here

I'm thinking of trying your in the bottle technique. Did you leave the caps loose or did you vent them every so often. Did you do anything to keep bacteria and O2 out or is it just not an issue?

I made my first batch a while ago... probably 6 months or more. I kegged it, carbed it and swmbo loved it. We even added a little OJ to make Mamosa's, pretty good too.

I just left the caps loose for the primary, from tight about half a turn loose. I was going to drill a hole in the caps and put airlocks in them but i have brewed without airlocks before with success

I bottled my batch yesterday its going to be carbed its been going since 11/20 so now its going to sit in bottles for about 6 months

Back