Favre overload--COUNTDOWN TO 421

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hehe, more Favre just to rattle the haters.

Right now Brett is at 399. He needs 22 more to become the all time TD pass leader, over Dan Marino.

So who's gonna catch #400? I think it would be awesome to get it to William Henderson, one of the best Packers (and highly under-rated) ever to play the game.

MOD NOTE: I will delete Favre bashing in this thread. ;)

Wow I didn't realize he was that close. It WILL happen this year. How many yards is he behind???

BTW as long as Bubba doesn't catch # 400 I'm happy........

The real question is, how many interceptions will there be before he gets those TD's?

Donald Driver. Hell, I hope ALL of the next 22 are to Donald Driver, preferably over the next fourteen weeks.

Bubba would be cool for old-times sakes, but really; just get the damn ball to Driver, m'kay?

the_bird said:
Donald Driver. Hell, I hope ALL of the next 22 are to Donald Driver, preferably over the next fourteen weeks.

Bubba would be cool for old-times sakes, but really; just get the damn ball to Driver, m'kay?

Gee, I wonder who's on YOUR fantasy team?????:)

I don't know about 400, but it would be awsome if he went out like he came in... only one better. Completeing it to himself....for a TD.

HurricaneFloyd said:
The real question is, how many interceptions will there be before he gets those TD's?

If he had one decent reciever half of those interceptions would be receptions. Not his fault his teammates have fairy hands.

Pumbaa said:
If he had one decent reciever half of those interceptions would be receptions. Not his fault his teammates have fairy hands.

:( my heart bleeds for him, it really does. Poor, poor Brett Favre.

Dude said:
Knock it off, man.

If you want to keep bringing him up, I'll keep voicing my opinion about him. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I should be quiet.

Damn H.F. - you're just like the punk-ass Bear fan that came over to my group at the bar after the Bear/Pack game. All smiley (drunk) and talking a bunch of trash. It's been my perspective that Packer fans appear to have a bit more humility than Bear fans. Must be the 2nd city complex. I personally have a healthy respect for the Bears. Still want to beat you though.

By the way, why isn't everyone talking Trash on Brad Johnson; he's older than Favre and only has 1 TD and 1 INT. Oh wait, he has probably one of the top rated offensive lines doesn't he? And people aren't jealous of his history in the league...

HurricaneFloyd said:
If you want to keep bringing him up, I'll keep voicing my opinion about him. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I should be quiet.

Your schtick is getting really old. We know you have extreme Favre jealousy and hate. Blah, blah, blah.

Stop pissing in every thread about it.

Dude said:
Your schtick is getting really old. We know you have extreme Favre jealousy and hate. Blah, blah, blah.

Stop pissing in every thread about it.

Uh, Dude, you kinda instigated this. I've purposely stayed mostly out of this thread, I've said my piece, you disagree with me, that's fine. But, you can't start a pro-Favre thread, gloating about his past accomplishments, without expecting his critics to respond. Methinks you're getting a little bit too sensitive on this topic. Things hitting a little close to home?

the_bird said:
Uh, Dude, you kinda instigated this. I've purposely stayed mostly out of this thread, I've said my piece, you disagree with me, that's fine. But, you can't start a pro-Favre thread, gloating about his past accomplishments, without expecting his critics to respond. Methinks you're getting a little bit too sensitive on this topic. Things hitting a little close to home?

The guy has a chance to break an all time record. How is that instigating? I'm proud of it.

If you guys don't like a thread, stay the **** out of it.

Iam not a farve fan but i can appreciate what he has done over an outstanding carrer...altho i think he should retire after this year the pack are nowhere near making the playofs let alone make a run at another title....

Favre, one of the best to play the game. It is fitting that two of the best ever are close to the records. While, not a packer fan and I am a Dolphin fan, I would hope it is Favre to take Marino's title.

Who is brewing today?

Walker-san said:
B... Julie wanted me to send you congrats on Favre's game today.

:mug:

Give her a big old smooch for me. But don't do anything more than that, I don't want you to fukc up your head before the beer festival. ;)

I'm not here to perpetuate the above; just to state from an individual performance that is awesome. Packers being 1-2 has nothing to do with Brett's perfomance (maybe a part of game 1). Unless he can play defense, special teams, run like Vick and play O-line as well we're still a sub-standard team on areas he has no control over.

Way to go Brett...

No bashing Favre boyz - but I don't like our chances this evening Dude :(.

This feels like the early 90's when we had to play Dallas every year at their house. Eventually Dallas came to GB but that was when they went down hill. Why are we always traveling to Philly over the last 3 years?

desertBrew said:
No bashing Favre boyz - but I don't like our chances this evening Dude :(.

This feels like the early 90's when we had to play Dallas every year at their house. Eventually Dallas came to GB but that was when they went down hill. Why are we always traveling to Philly over the last 3 years?

Oh yeah, its gonna be ugly tonight. I just hope our boy doesn't throw 9 picks.

Looks like Ahman is out too.

I've turned over a new leaf though--I'm just enjoying watching Favre play. I refuse to get upset at these games anymore.

desertBrew said:

We had to beat them in their house before they would come to ours. NFL seriously has something agaist us.

Status
Not open for further replies.