So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took Fri off to brew a 10 Gal AG batch Pale Ale recipe I came up with mostly based on the parameters for Ale Werks Chesapeake Pale Ale in Williamsburg, VA. I tweaked it a bit and used Chinook 60 min
Centennial/Cascade 15min
Centennial/Cascade 0 min

Est. OG: 1.061

According to samples tested post-boil:
Smart Ref 1.061
Refractometer 1.060
Hydrometer 1.060
Tilt 1.060

I’ve never had all gravity samples be so consistent! Pretty psyched! 🍻
IMG_5996.jpeg

I brewed an Belgium Ale but may have screwed it up!!! I accidentally left sanitizer inside my counterflow chiller prior to transferring to my CF5 Fermenter. I noticed it at the last minute prior to the wort transfer via the chiller. :oops:

Bottom line, about half of a 2" sight glass full of Saniclean prior to the wort that pushed the saniclean into the fermenter. I transfered about 5gals of beer. DID I SCREW MY BATCH UP? Is there anything u can do to save it?

Have a good recipe? I'm about due to brew an Altbier one of these days. Might even amp it up and make it a Sticke Alt.
This has been my go to Alt recipe for the last 5 or 6 years, at least. I’ve been happy with it and it compares well to the relatively few commercial Alts I can find in this area.

You can disregard the acid malt unless you have really soft water.

7DED872F-8FB3-488A-BD56-C4E9C6883077.png

Im getting ready for my classic EPA, the one I like most for now. Its very simple but I love it.

5kg pale, 300gr carared, 100gr aroma, 50gr challenger and 50gr EK Goldins. This time Im trying the Nottingham yeast which I loved for the RIS I did few weeks ago, so I’ll try it instead of the S04 I use normally for this classic english ale with a bit of toasty/sweety bits.

Thats for a 20L keg.

I'm a big fan of CaraRed but never used it in English beers before, instead using things like English CaraMalt. Something I'll have to try.

I'm a big fan of CaraRed but never used it in English beers before, instead using things like English CaraMalt. Something I'll have to try.
Its just one of many caramel malts and loved it. I tend to use the materials I know better instead of trying many different.

Latest posts

Back