Beericana 2014 (Holly Springs NC)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballsy

Reaction score
My dad and I went to the 1st annual Beericana fest in Holly Springs this past weekend and I must say, it was an awesome event!! 60 breweries across NC represented themselves, some were larger breweries which have obtained sites here (flying dog, Oscar Blues, Sierra Nevada, New Belgium). Had some awesome beers (props to nickelpoint out of Raleigh for an awesome alt bier). The nastiest beer award (IMO) went to Sub Noir out of Charlotte with their ginger tripel...looked and tasted like scented soap beer :confused:
They did have someone out there brewing with a fully automated set up which the info sign said cost $~8,000, as "informational display to those interested in brewing" which I felt was in extreme excess. I brew pretty awesome beers with one pot and a $10 cooler, and the automated set up would probably deter people from it more than anything else!
All in all it was an awesome time, recommend it and I will definitely be going again next year :rockin:

Back