South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 6!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordura

Reaction score
:tank: Here we go with round 6! :tank:

THIS ORDER HAS BEEN FILLED

We need 42 bags of grain to complete this order or 41 bags and some hops/misc.
Read more below on how it all works.

Check out the sales books for pricing:
GRAIN/MALT - NCM Sales Book
HOPS - HOP PRICING - Homebrewers
Note: If you really want bulk hops, hopsdirect.com is much cheaper.

Pick up location:
1618 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

Pick up date/time:
Aug 26th, 7:00pm

Current Order: 42 Bags
Lordura PAID: 3x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-PALE, 1x BZ-VIEN, 1x CM-WHET
vincemash PAID: 1x CM-PALE, 1x FB-DMUN, 1/2x BZ-VIEN
twoodward15 PAID: 2x CM-2ROW
Ferman PAID: 1/2x BZ-VIEN, 1x CM-PALE, 1x CM-2ROW, 1/2x CM-PALE
Turtletrax PAID: 1x CM-PALE
Mimo777PAID: 1x CM-PALE, 1x CM-2ROW
Jpm1 PAID: 1x CM-2ROW
leaf777 PAID: 4x BD-PALE, 1X BZ-PILS, 1x BZ-DMUN
bryanjints PAID: 1x CM-PALE
gasman PAID: 1x CM-2ROW, 1x BZ-VIEN
bmoor PAID: 2x CM-PALE, 3x CM-2ROW, 1/2x BD-MOPA, 1/2x CM-WHET
sockevi PAID: 1x CM-2ROW, 1/2x BD-MOPA
Krelja PAID: 2x TF-MOPA, 1x CM-2ROW, 1x CM-6ROW, 1/2x CM-WHET, 1/2x CM-PALE
robbieo13 PAID: 2x CM-SPIL, 1x CM-2ROW

How it works:
When looking at the sales book, the pricing is in the "2,000# - 4,000#" bracket. Also, figure in about $4/bag for shipping.
Once the pallet has been filled, everyone will get an individual invoice for their order which can be paid via PayPal(preferred), Cash, Check & Money Order.
After all orders have been PAID, the complete pallet order will be scheduled for delivery. (Usually within 7 days)
If you have any other questions, just post here and ask.

Cheers!

NICE....good job Jeff....we had a great meeting last night at Iron Hill....we had 23 beers to sample:rockin:

put me down for 1 sack CM-2ROW for now.....more to come later

Sounds awesome! I couldn't make it out and my buddy is down the shore for the week. He knows about it so we are making plans to visit next time!

please add to my order:

1x - CM-MUNH vincemash
1/2x - BZ-VIEN vincemash
1/2x - BZ-VIEN ferman

edit.....put 1/2 the BZ-VIEN on my order and 1/2 on Ferman's

Thanks

Are you waiting for a full bulk order to lock the price ? Apparently the grain market are going sky high and could theoretically double in a few months... all things being relative this will still be cheaper over retail regardless what the price is. I'm guessing you can't lock pricing until you know what everyone is ordering.

Anyone want to split FB-SPAR?

MFB Special Aromatic (3.5-5.0°L) (similar to Aromatic Malt) Specially designed for MFB’s Belgian brewers. Selected French 2-row barley undergoes a particular malting process which favors the development of a very pronounced malt aroma. This malt will lend a pleasant aromatic malt taste, reinforced by a soft and mellow mouthfeel.

Are you waiting for a full bulk order to lock the price ? Apparently the grain market are going sky high and could theoretically double in a few months... all things being relative this will still be cheaper over retail regardless what the price is. I'm guessing you can't lock pricing until you know what everyone is ordering.
There is no way this will take more than 30days to fill. We're good :)

UGH!!! I need to get a mill so I can join in on one of these
You can get your bag milled for an additional $2.50 I believe

What do you guys store your grain in, and how long does it last? I just started all-grain brewing and need some storage containers and a mill before I can commit, which will hopefully be soon enough to get in on this order.

What do you guys store your grain in, and how long does it last? I just started all-grain brewing and need some storage containers and a mill before I can commit, which will hopefully be soon enough to get in on this order.
I store all my grain in large rubbermaid totes and in 5 galllon Homer Buckets. The grain isgood for 8-12 months. Most homebrew shops would crush your grain for you. You can have a whole bag milled here for $2.50 or do what I did and convert a pasta maker. There isa thread on howto do it in the DIY section.

Seen a post on C-list, been a homebrewer for 5 years now, former member of GCHBA. I would like 2-sacks of 2-row, 1-pils, 1-vienna. My email is [email protected].
What brand malt do you want?

Is there anyone in on this buy who is from North Jersey/New York? I'd love to get in but this is way to far to be worth it unless I can spread the cost of driving down there.

Sucks our Northern buy fell apart, but no one has a place to deliver to.

If you can get a few of those guys in the NY thread to go in on it, it might be worth it to you.

Leaf! Come back. Things are different now!

Need a storage container? There's a guy in Somerdale selling 15 gallon barrels (great fermenters I might add) for $8 each. Rubber gasket on the lid. They seal up great!

Ferman, if I can't get up there for the pick up and you are going, can you get mine for me? I am going away for vacation in a couple weeks. Are you still going to be at BYOB tomorrow night?

What do you guys store your grain in, and how long does it last?

I store mine in large Rubbermaid Totes. They seal tight and easily hold an entire sack of 55 lbs. Right now, I have 9 full containers but I use the grain so fast that I have not had any issues with it going bad.

Ferman, if I can't get up there for the pick up and you are going, can you get mine for me? I am going away for vacation in a couple weeks. Are you still going to be at BYOB tomorrow night?

Sure, no problem. I'll snag up your stash and we can meet up when you get back. Yes, I am heading over to BYOB to deliver Brett's amazing new 2-tier gravity brew stand. You gonna be there? If so, I will see you tonight.

Welcome to the group buy bryanjints!

Looks like we are right at the half way point! A friend of mine is still looking into adding to his order and with the potential addition of some guys from the NY thread, this maybe be over soon!

lordura....can you put me down for a sack of cm 2-row and a sack of bz-vien ... and if anyone wants to split the vienna with me i will..........thanks jeff..........

Back