Okie HERMS brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njenabnit

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey there Okies,

Do any of you guys do HERMS brewing? I am a few fittings away from having a complete (manual) propane powered HERMS systems and was wondering if anybody had any pros or cons or even left over parts that they would be willing to part with.

so how about it?

I've got 2 keggles for my HLT and MLT, then a stainless 15.5 gallon kettle for the BK. I plan to wrap the MLT in some sort of insulator.

I've had mine for about 8 months and I love it. Been doing 5 gallon batches but fixing to start on some 10 gallons pretty soon.

herms_zps942acb3a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

For you guys that have the herm system I have a couple questions. What is the temp difference between your hlt and your mash temp? What size coil do you have 1/2x50 3/8x50? How long are you running the pump? Did you build it or buy it?

I have 2 keggle's and access to a few more that I use. I don't have a herms system yet but I'm working on getting it all together.

Back