Keezer question from noob...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RGH

Reaction score
I have narrowed it down to the freezer I wanted and have been allotted a $500 budget from SWMBO under the conditions that I keep a cider in the keezer for her to pull from when she feels like it. So the kit I plan on is:

A 6.8cf by holiday (motivated by this link https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/sizing-your-chest-freezer-corny-kegs-75449/ Thanks to the infamous EdWort)

and a 3 keg setup seen here Brew Logic Triple Tap Draft System with 3-way gas manifold, NEW Aluminum Tank :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

After viewing Bobby M's amazing youtube videos I decided that eventually I would like put a collar on it and throw some taps on instead of the picnic taps (once I give the plastic a chance to cooldown and SWMBO a chance to settle) The question that I have is, Has anyone put a collar on this freezer before? I noticed what looks like a catch on the tub of the freezer (see Mustangfreaks pic in EdWorts post here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/sizing-your-chest-freezer-corny-kegs-75449/) would that hinder a collar?

My next question is, what is better or are they the same: Gas regulator or gas manifold?

it is my assumption that a regulator would allow you to adjust the PSI individually on all three kegs as where a manifold would allow you to turn the gas off or on each keg individually. We all know what happens when you assume... but am I correct on this?

I would like to score all of this equipment before I leave for Vilseck because I dont know what it will cost me once I get there.

Also I was wondering if a thermostat is absolutely necessary. If so I need to brace myself for the "its absolutely necessary" talk with SWMBO in order to get the OK for the potential extra funds.

Ok so i'm know expert as i am working on my Keezer as well. If you mean a thermostat as in a temperatur controller such as a johnson than yes. Otherwise it is still a frezzer and not a fridge. Regulators and manifolds? A regulator is necessary if to limit the amount CO2 comming out of the tank. As far as a manifold i am pretty sure you can use one for everything but it may require more work when trying to force carb a keg. ( A lot of turning off and on certain kegs depending on whats being carbed and whats being poured. I personnaly am going woth a double regulator for force carbing and pouring (more Control) Also i am getting a manifold for pouring multiple kegs.

If this lacks any sense ..... sorr i had a few

Latest posts

Back