cold conditioning bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosmatt

Reaction score
well, in regards to this thread --> https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/cold-conditioning-95960/#post1042185 I went ahead and pulled one out of my little fridge.
my All-Day-IPA had been sitting there for 8 days @ 34*. i also pulled one out of the cupboard @ ~70* and put it in the freezer.
unfortunately, no pics :(

the freezer to glass beer was first.
it was hella hazy, full of floaties (hops), and overall, did not taste very good. i was sad.

i opened the beer that had been chilled for 8 days, and OFMG!
it was clear.
the hop aroma was far stronger
the bitter was balanced.

if i had not labled the sixers they were in, i could not say this was MY beer. i would actually pay money for THIS beer. tastes like a smallish IPA. good aroma, good bitter.

wow.

now i have hope for my ed'a haus pale that i cannot stand. im throwin a sixer in the fridge for a week.

i have been sooooo bummed about the taste of these two brews. now I am very optimistic.

**** the freezer. let these puppies sit for a week.

i need another full size fridge.
damn!!!!
just when i got SWMBO to ok a chest freezer for fermenting, now i want another stand up for cold conditioning bottles.

next ill want a kegerator or something.

damn you beer! i hate you!!!!
not really. :)

Back