You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you buy a house and while moving find a corny keg full of beer you completely forgot about

unionrdr said:
When you wish you had more money to brew a couple more beers after turkey day so you'd have some now till new years.

Need to add the proper amount of money in your brewing budget

When you see somebody type "sack rest" and immediately identify that, even though it's an abbreviated form, it's still a blatant misspelling of "sacc" (ie saccharification) rest.

emjay said:
When you see somebody type "sack rest" and immediately identify that, even though it's an abbreviated form, it's still a blatant misspelling of "sacc" (ie saccharification) rest.

Not a misspelling at all. A play on words. Think about it.... /-)

Well you know you are a new home brewer when you ask the guy at Barnes and noble for home brewing books and you ask it in a hush tone and start feeling shady ! Lol . Just happend

sendkyleanemail said:
Not a misspelling at all. A play on words. Think about it.... /-)

It may be a play on words but that wouldn't make it any less misspelt! :D

As requested, I've thought about it. I imagine you're a BIABers, as that's the only way it is in any way relevant. Even still, there are other kinds of mash temperature rests that have no less an association with bags/sacks, but do not get the same treatment, rendering this particular play on words entirely arbitrary, and thus nonsensical. ;)

coinhall09 said:
Well you know you are a new home brewer when you ask the guy at Barnes and noble for home brewing books and you ask it in a hush tone and start feeling shady ! Lol . Just happend

Heh. What exactly compelled you to keep it so hushed?

Don't know , but it was in a "upscale " part of Alabama , I guess I didn't want to seem like a boozer to the kid even tho he was prolly the same age as me . Lol this hobby is addicting !!

SWMBO questions why the stir plate moved to the bathroom instead of the basement with all the other beer stuff... Then corrects herself with, let me guess its too cold down there for it

It may be a play on words but that wouldn't make it any less misspelt! :D

As requested, I've thought about it. I imagine you're a BIABers, as that's the only way it is in any way relevant. Even still, there are other kinds of mash temperature rests that have no less an association with bags/sacks, but do not get the same treatment, rendering this particular play on words entirely arbitrary, and thus nonsensical. ;)

He was talking about anatomy...

You know you're a (Noob) home brewer when?

You intend to spend 20 minutes on HBT to start your workday and before you know it, it's 3pm and you need to start doing real work.

... when you hear someone across the office talking about Maltodextrin, and you assume they're talking about homebrewing, only to find out later that they're only talking about the ingredients in Sweet-n-Low.

Eman24dx said:
You know you're a (Noob) home brewer when?

You intend to spend 20 minutes on HBT to start your workday and before you know it, it's 3pm and you need to start doing real work.

Ha! I wish that only happened to noons.

jperry said:
When you simply have to many options to make the same beer recipe twice...

...When you make a beer recipe even once. ;)

zmanzorro said:
... when you hear someone across the office talking about Maltodextrin, and you assume they're talking about homebrewing, only to find out later that they're only talking about the ingredients in Sweet-n-Low.

It's amazing how many products one notices maltodextrin is in once you learn what it is. Many of which I can't even think of a reason for needing it - to the point where I'm becoming pretty sure it must be a byproduct of something else, such as being mixed in with a tiny proportion of some other ingredient or chemical just to make it easier to measure, even for manufacturers.

Your gf says she needs barley from the supermarket for some recipe and you say, why don't we just go to the homebrew store?

When your wife starts finding spent bottle caps in the children's dresser drawers. And she says "They're starting a collection."

When your company offers you health insurance that's 90% cheaper than your current plan, and you start thinking about what new piece of equipment to buy with all the money you're saving... :D

When the only time you clean your kitchen is before brew day

when you look at copper and think about turning it into a chiller

when you rate a beer and try to break down its recipe from taste alone

When you start the mash,& come on here to pass the time. Or right after brew/bottling day is done with some shots & beers.:rockin:

Back