Sergio's World Beers - Over 1000 beers - Opening in Louisville, KY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KYB

Reaction score
So I heard about this then went to their site for more info. Holy hell that's a lot of beers! I cannot wait to go there. Hopefully they have decent prices.

Beer list (too long to post here):
PDF

I've been on their mailing list the last few weeks... can't wait for the opening!

I know. Pazzo's here in Lex is pretty awesome, but not that awesome. I will be moving back to Louisville in a year or 2. I visit once or twice a month though.

So I heard about this then went to their site for more info. Holy hell that's a lot of beers! I cannot wait to go there. Hopefully they have decent prices.

Beer list (too long to post here):
PDF

These places are fantastic when they first open. Course a couple years down the road when dozens upon dozens of those bottles don't move and sit on the shelves gathering dust and the beer goes south, the can be a crap shoot. Buy early and buy often!! :rockin:

These places are fantastic when they first open. Course a couple years down the road when dozens upon dozens of those bottles don't move and sit on the shelves gathering dust and the beer goes south, the can be a crap shoot. Buy early and buy often!! :rockin:

Nah I think it will do very well.

Nah I think it will do very well.

It's just the nature of the beast and not really a business volume issue.

They are bound to get stock on the shelves that just won't move. More likely than not, they aren't going to be sending that back or discounting it steep enough to unload it before too long so it will sit on the shelves until someone comes along and rolls the dice. There are a couple places around me that stock some brands that never sell and if you go in long enough, you know which bottles to avoid.

They are either moving their location from Shelbyville to Louisville, or opening another in Louisville, not sure.

Pazzo's here in Lexington has a pretty big beer list and it's been going strong for 8 years I believe, on campus in a college town, where most college kids only drink BMC. Sure some things might be on the shelves for a little while, but they will probably get drank soon enough or tossed or sent back. Lexington and Louisville seem to be pretty big on craft beers. Between the 2 there's at least 4 craft beer festivals this year. I think it will be fine.

Yep, I think it'll do very well here. I mean, Richo's in New Albany, a significant drive from Louisville, has been there with 40 taps and 100 or so different bottled beers since the early 90s and is still not only going strong but expanding.

I just went there for the first time about a week ago. It was awesome. Pizza and the beer. I think they have more than a hundred bottles, that was a pretty big list if I recall. Man I want to go there now thinking about it.

They are either moving their location from Shelbyville to Louisville, or opening another in Louisville, not sure.

They moved. I live just down the street from where they are opening. AND, whats really cool is that just a block up story ave. is My Old Kentucky Homebrew, Louisville's newest homebrew supply shop. We might need to change the name of butchertown to beertown!!

Haha yea I found out about it through the guy that owns My Old Kentucky Homebrew. Every time I'm in Louisville I stop in for ingredients.

I've been to MOKH ... I knew Sergio's was going to be on Story, but didn't realize it was going to be so close. Cool.

So is Sergios open for business or what? Everytime I drive by there it doesn't look like anything is going on, but I keep hearing about people who have been there. A little confused over here.....

The Louisville location is not open yet... very, very soon though, from what I understand.

oh ok cool. Yeah it will be nice to have them so close. Right now for that kind of beer selection I have to head over to richo's in New Albany. And don't get me wrong i LOVE richo's, just don't like the drive every time I want some decent beer. I actually recently found out that KBC (Ky BBQ Co.) on frankfort ave has a really good selecetion of draught beer. They keep around 20 on tap all the time and are constantly rotating there selection.

Here's what they had as of 7/24/09:
Dogfishhead 60 min
St. Bernadus Wit
Breckenridge 471
Great Lakes Eliot Ness
Bell's Expedition (great with the Q!)
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
New Holland Existential
Great Divide 15th Anniversary Oaken aged (good with the Q!)
Fuller's E.S.B.
Bell's Oberon
BBC Bourbon Barrel Stout (great with the Q!)
Schlafly APA
Founders Red Rye
Drifter Pale Ale
Woodchuck Cider
St. Bernardus Apt 12 quadruple amber
Houblon Chouffe

Not bad eh?!

heh... That's funny, I just tried KBC for the first time last night! Read about it on the Richo's blog page.

By the way, 7PM tonight, Flanagan's is going to have La Fin du Monde and Ommegang Rare Vos on tap and they're giving away the glassware for each. I'll be there with some friends.

Did anyone else notice what 'Style' BMC's are listed as?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! That's great!

Back