Thanks for helping me attain Beervana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
I racked the 999 Barleywine to keg from secondary today...it was absolutely the best beer I have ever tasted. The only other barleywine I've had is the St. Arnold's Divine and this kicks the crap out of it.

Thanks BP for the amazing recipe and BM for organizing everything! And here's to hoping i can actually wait until next September to drink it! :mug:

Hehehe thanks man! I've been spending as much time as I can on HBT but its only maybe 20 min a day or so.....I mostly just read a couple new posts.

I did however brew for the first time in two months today....a big honkin stout that just blew it's airlock 7hrs after pitching!

Hehehe thanks man! I've been spending as much time as I can on HBT but its only maybe 20 min a day or so.....I mostly just read a couple new posts.

I did however brew for the first time in two months today....a big honkin stout that just blew it's airlock 7hrs after pitching!
Excellent. Good to get back in the game. Unfortunately, I'm probably out for a couple of months. Stinkin' work.:(

Ugh, doesn't work suck? What sucks more is money.....better yet, the lack there of :(
That too. Between being busy at work, Christmas coming up with two kids, etc., etc. it's hard to find money for brewing.

Of course, the $350 I spent on clothes yesterday could have been put to better use. I tried to convince my wife, but apparently I needed new clothes more than a bigger brewpot. Oh well.:(

Alamo! Long time no see! :mug:

'grats on the 9-9-9. I have tasted a lot of great barleywines at the Zealots. All of my favorites are homebrewed, I am rarely impressed with a commercial barleywine ('cept for the Real Ale Sisyphus). I am fairly certain that this brew is going to stack up quite well; if only we could buy beer aging extract to add to the brew.... :D

Back