From Today's Seattle Times (Maybe the Shortage is Over?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raceskier

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Rest a bit in nation's hop heaven
Crecencio Estrada takes a break and sharpens his machete while harvesting hops at Champoux Farms outside of Toppinish. Washington is the largest supplier of hops in the United States. The harvest begins in August and closes in early October.

Hop Heaven.jpg

the shortage was puffed up to begin with. Hops prices are dropping and will continue to drop. The market will correct itself, the govt doesn't have it's hand in it yet.

But the Government needs to shore up the price of hops so that the THREE POUNDS I bought earlier in the year continue to have the same value today as what I (over)payed for them! How dare they let the price correct to market value as if we were a capitalistic society!

Waaaaa! Waaaa!

Talked to the guy in Riverside Morebeer yesterday. They got 2008 hops in (NorCal) and his guess is they will be the same price or lower. Most varieties are $3.50/2oz now. I'm going to hold off on my next mega IPA and dwindle down my 2007 hops.

HOPEFULLY GOOD NEWS

Anyone ever see anything on hop futures? That would be a cool thing to be able to watch hop fluctuations. I'm sure they're out there I just can't seem to find them.

Latest posts

Back