KEGGING TIME!!! (Help me buy!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
Okay, So I'm gonna start kegging (first batch gets kegged in 2 weeks). I have about 200 that I want to spend and want to be able to eventually have 2 or more kegs going at once. I need to do more research before kegging, but given my short window I'd appreciate any advice ya'll have on where and what to buy.

Thanks!

I bought this kit: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?category=Homebrew+Keg+Kits%2C+Complete+Kits%21%3ABasic+Keg+Kits&no=22&searchpath=29799318

Basic%20Keg%20Kit,%20Double%20Keg%20Dispensing.jpg

And a few extra kegs. It works great for me- I have two on tap in the fridge and a couple of kegs conditioning now to go in when those are empty.

Do you have a refrigerator? If you don't then $200 won't quite be enough if purchasing new stuff.

I would keep a close eye on Craiglist in your area as you can find some nice deals there.

If you can find them, I strongly prefer the one-handled variety of keg. For one thing the handles are made of steel or ultra-strong plastic, not rotting rubber that leaves black marks on everything it touches. Furthermore, in a crowded kegerator, it's MUCH easier to connect and disconnect lines without that huge rubber cage in the way.

singlehdl.jpg

Blender said:
Do you have a refrigerator? If you don't then $200 won't quite be enough if purchasing new stuff.

I would keep a close eye on Craiglist in your area as you can find some nice deals there.

Yeah, I have a spare fridge.

Back