thanks to those willing to pass it on

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrewski

Reaction score
this is just a quick note to say thanks to all the folks on this forum willing to pass on knowledge. It is truly amazing. I have learned so much from reading posts by Yooper, Bobby M, Yuri, Revvy, passed_pawn, Dan and more that I am forgetting right now. And I learned absolutely nothing from the tap room thread but I lurk there all the time for a laugh.

For Bobby M in particular, thanks! this weekend I went a little nuts and polished some kegs and made a 50' 1/2" IC based off of your posts/site/youtube vids. I am not really a handyman but things went smooth because of the knowledge at my fingertips. And i also now own a small hardware store's worth of power tools and assorted gear but it's all good. Now to cut off that keg lid without killing myself...

:mug:

kegs.jpg

wortcooler50.jpg

Always great to hear successes ... this forum is so full of help ... Now its time for payback ... I'm shipping my keggles to your address ... Hope they come back as shiny as the ones in your pic ... :D :D

Nice work!

Ok, I admit it. I'm jealous. I love shiny things.

My wife came in the garage as I'm working for hours on these things, I'm covered in dust and dirt and sweating (hot weekend) and I proudly show her, and she just looks at me and say "why do they need to be shiny?".

Feeling suddenly a couple of notches lower on the evolutionary scale, I said "....because I like shiny?".

this is just a quick note to say thanks to all the folks on this forum willing to pass on knowledge.:mug:

Prisoner: There's a message through the grapevine, Johnny.
Johnny Dangerously: Yeah? What is it?
Prisoner: Johnny and the Mothers are playing "Stompin' at the Savoy" in Vermont tonight.
Johnny Dangerously: Vermin's going to kill my brother at the Savoy theater tonight.
Prisoner: I didn't say that.
Johnny Dangerously: No, but I know this grapevine.

My wife came in the garage as I'm working for hours on these things, I'm covered in dust and dirt and sweating (hot weekend) and I proudly show her, and she just looks at me and say "why do they need to be shiny?".

Feeling suddenly a couple of notches lower on the evolutionary scale, I said "....because I like shiny?".

Funny, the same exact scenario played out in my garage when my wife walked in as I was polishing them.

Now I just get the "Thanks for covering everything in black dust!" look every once in a while.

See, shiny is class. Shiny means "I care". Shiny means bling. Shiny is hot.

Except for that bald spot on the top of Bob's head. That shiny is NOT hot.

Back