Sabco Brew Magic system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BNAllen

Reaction score
Good morning ... not certain where to post, so, I will apologize ahead of time if this is not the best location.

I'm ready to step up to a Brew Magic system. I've been brewing for the past two years with a propane burner, BK, and Igloo coolers for HLT and M/LT.

To that end, I have found a used Brew Magic only a few hours from my home. The seller seems genuine and I will inspect the system thoroughly before I hand over the cash.

Here is my question, is there a parts list or owners manual that I can review on line prior to traveling to pick up the system? I would like to confirm, as best that I can, that the system is complete before I spend a day driving.

Thank

Thanks. The seller has been kind enough to provide this photo of the system. Staes that the manual suggests it is a Brew Magic IV, however, I've googled several different names and cannot seem to locate a Brew Magic IV ... what am I missing?

Thanks,

2011-11-08_15-11-11_445.jpg

Contact Sabco. They are a reputable company and I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.

In case someone else may find this thread while researching the same topic, I offer the following ...

First, I spoke to Sabco. Great people and I may well buy a new system from them. They told me today that they are once again offering free shipping through year-end. There are tremendous differences between the current Brew-Magic and the one I am considering. Most notably, the automation on the new system is much advanced. And, the newer system is approved for commercial indoor use in the US and Canada.

Not certain that either of those two issues matter greatly to me, but, if the price of a used system is not materially less than used, I will likely buy new.

Anyone wishing to read more about the Brew-Magic IV can visit this site Main Page - Brew Magic Encyclopedia

Hope this thread might help others!

Merry Christmas!

I brew on one about once a month at my buddy's microbrewery. You'll enjoy brewing with it, although cleaning it does take a fair amount of time. Good luck!

Good news, I think I've purchased the used 2005 system. A real step down from the newer model, but certainly okay for my needs (and price range).

Now, another question, I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab with a full-size bed and canopy. Can I fit the system, HLT, MLT, BK, two Sabco fermenters, and all of the misc parts in the truck. OR, should I drag my trailer behind the truck and just plan to haul everything home in the truck and the trailer?

I have a three hour drive each direction ... the trailer is not a huge deal, but, if not needed, I would prefer to leave home.

The HLT, BK, MLT, and the fermenters are all standard sized 15.5 gallon kegs. They measure about 16 and 1/8th inches in diameter. They have fittings welded to them that you may need to take into consideration. It sounds like you have 5 of them. Figure about 7 linear feet by 1.5 feet, to be safe.

From the picture, it appears that the stand is no more than 60 inches long and 20 inches wide, at the most.

Measure your bed. Call the guy you're buying the unit from and ask him for the dimensions. If you have a 6 foot or longer bed, I'd bet you'd have no problem.

i took a drive to sabco about 3 weeks back, they are great to deal with. I am putting together my own system but i purchased the stand from them. its awesome. i saw the actual brew magic in person in there showroom there. Its made incredibly well . As far as fitting it in your truck....bring your trailer...i drive a ford ranger , the satnd itself fit pefect in the bed with the tailgate closed, its a 6ft bed, it took up the whiole backl of my truck from the cab to the gate\, with all the keggles and vms it wouildn t have come close to fitting. and by the new one if its not that much more money, the SS plates alone are worth it to me, the piant on the older versions burns off i heard. pm me if you have ohther questions about the satnd or shoot me your number and ill call you

Back