Brewery is going up!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbradford

Reaction score
First time in new house, and brewing tomorrow...

Lets see how long this takes for the transformation!

7:06 pm

kitchen.jpg

And done...

Actually better than I thought with the new locations, other than dumping water out window when chilling, although I bet I can figure a way to get it to the sink.

Here are some shots of the brewery being filled up with water for a rinse before tomorrow's brewing starts :)

7:56pm

brewery in house.jpg

second.jpg

third.jpg

Nope...she loved this place so much and she had to agree because she chose a place that didn't have a garage or basement :)

Maybe I will brew outside in the summer, but now it is 25 degrees outside and covered in snow.

prolly married- plants in the kitchen, painting on wall, kitchen utensil holder, and tasteful yet hardly useful table/chair combination (other than supporting brewing gear that is : )

kosmokramer said:
Nice.... bachelor? The gf would def not let that happen in our dining room...lol

That's exactly what I thought at first. Hahaha

Awesome brew day!! Thanks for the pics. I love seeing people's gear in action.

Nice.... bachelor? The gf would def not let that happen in our dining room...lol

prolly married- plants in the kitchen, painting on wall, kitchen utensil holder, and tasteful yet hardly useful table/chair combination (other than supporting brewing gear that is : )

My exact thoughts.

Glad you can find a way to brew in the winter. Cheers.

ya...gotta brew, even pbr is too expensive!!! I drink pbr when not brewing to give me incentive to brew! I just moved over the last 3 weeks, and that completely interupted the pipeline!

Here is the gear in storage... at least at the old place, but now I have a back yard that I can install a shed and maybe even turn into a brewery if I go big enough!

IMG_2325.jpg

Nope...she loved this place so much and she had to agree because she chose a place that didn't have a garage or basement :)

If you are not married to this angel you had better get going because I know about a dozen guys that are looking for a woman like this in Den CO...

been together for 13 years or so.... not going anywhere anytime soon!!!

should probably take care of that ceremony thing though ;)

The steam doesn't screw up the paint on the ceiling? Man I don't know if I would do that inside, even if you were electric. I guess whatever works- as long as SWMBO approves, you're good!

I noticed the slightest amount of condensation on the ceiling when brewing Friday... I will probably get a small fan to blow steam off of top of bk and dissipate throughout house.

And I respond to the pbr commentaries with this :)

GABF Honors are:

Gold in 2005 and 2006
Silver in 1996
Bronze in 2004

all results in the American Lager category...

These beers are extremely light colored, light in body, and high in carbonation. Calorie level should not
exceed 125 per 12 ounce serving. Corn, rice, or other grain or sugar adjuncts are often used. Flavor is mild, and
hop bitterness and aroma is negligible to very low. Light fruity esters are acceptable. Chill haze and diacetyl
should be absent.
Original Gravity (ºPlato): 1.024–1.040 (6–10 ºPlato) �� Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (ºPlato): 1.002–
1.008 (0.5–2 ºPlato) �� Alcohol by Weight (Volume): 2.8–3.5% (3.5–4.4%) �� Bitterness (IBU): 5–10 �� Color
SRM (EBC): 1.5–4 (3–8 EBC)

I make statements that I do not like particular styles, but PBR is a well regarded american lager and I find it a balanced higly quafible alcoholic beverage, especially very cold in a frozed pint glass :)

American Light Lagers from Macros are far from my favorite, but when I drink them I would just as soon it be PBR.

Anyone other than me see a problem with a bathroom exhaust fan in the ceiling of the dining room?

Other than that, it is a rental.

No difference between the dining room ceiling and the kitchen ceiling, btw.

Plenty of guys brew indoors and this is the first time a problem with the ceiling has come up. No reason to invent bogeymen..

Benbradford its just a vent you have them all over your house in the form of ac vents this one is just a exhaust vent they still look the same

A hvac vent does not look the same as a bathroom exhaust fan...

BTW, the vents in my house are on the floor :)

Crawlspace and attic... Kind of a moot point here do the rental property issue, the floor vent issue, and the fact that a bathroom fan does not look like anything other than a bathroom exhaust fan. I might as well put a hood from a range in the dining room :)

Back