The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, lotsa rain up there?

I did three epic weekend burns on our property before heading South. A big pita but had to be done - some of the bigger stuff was from three winters back. And each burn was followed by over-night rain - I was lucky af to get them all in...

Very little burning if any allowed here anymore, some towns may let you with special permit, not sure, but think that is over too.

Once the FD scout team showed up 'cause of smoke from a cold start diesel, and I do not even live in town. Someone had burnt up nearby though, If I recall, so maybe folks were jumpy.

Brush and yard waste can be useful, built a perimeter berm around whole property, now just making it bigger. Planted w bamboo. All you need is a bobcat with grapple and a tree chipper.

I’m really not terribly concerned if I have the fire department permission to burn on my property or not. It’s going to happen one way or the other. The only question is whether or not I need to have a couple of hotdogs on a stick handy for when they try to give me a ticket.

Yes

9AM (who starts a conference like this at 9?) on Saturday.

Seriously? It’s like they’re saying “She’s gonna be spending the whole damn day blabbering away anyways, we might as we put her in one of the speaker rooms to help fill up the schedule.”

I’ll be seated in the back. I’ll be the one who’s asleep.

Oh wait, I probably need to narrow it down better than that...

There’s still time to sign up. Don’t be stingy.

Not stingy... lazy.

We got another invite to pour today. I have zero desire to pour to be honest. If we had some sort of big staff that I could send folks down... sure... but I’ll have go do it and... that’s a lot of work.

I might do the kickoff party though. BA members get in fo’ free! Whooo hooo!

"when you whispered farewell in Capistrano, that's the time the swallows flew out to the sea"

Anywat, line from that old folk tune, Michael Hurley version most familiar to me, but goes back lots further than that, of course.

Good point. Ok, let's see if this voodoo that I do has any effect...

How 'bout some beach art peeps...

20190424_130758.jpeg
20190426_122631.jpeg

Nice and dreary, just the way we like it, as Wednesday Addams once said.

Out sloggin in the mud all day but OK with that if it discourages the interlopers...

What is up in 5 days?

Whatevs. Y'all have five days to square that weather or there's gonna be trouble...

All lined up like livestock, but they choose to be there,,so that's cool. Oysters look good, if on the gagger side, size wise.

Back