I don't need no stinking "I don't need no stinking beer gun" gun!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jds

Reaction score
I just got this e-mail from my Dad:

dad said:
Hey Joe,
I was cleaning out my Dolores garage, and found a 2 and a half gallon keg we
used to use on the river for party time. I don't drink that much anymore,
so I am willing it to you - as of now. I got your sister to take it that far, and
she has it now. It worked fine for us once we figured out the trick. The
trick is to keep up the CO2 pressure or it will lose its fizz. The seal is
good as long as under pressure. The bag has all accessories I had.
Careful, as the in and out sides are different sizes.

Happy drinking.
M

A quick phone call, and I learn that dad just gifted me a 2-1/2 gallon corny keg with ball locks, a bike inflator injector, and a bag full of fittings. It would cost $200+ to add this stuff new to my kegging rig. Transporting beer for the 4th of July just got a LOT easier.

I don't have to beer gun a bunch of bottles to take to the family 4th of July party. Instead, I'll fill the mini-keg, and take it and a big ice bucket to my wife's aunt and Uncle's house.

Now, I'd better brew something to go in it. I'm thinking Dry Dock Brewing's Apricot Blonde will make a good 4th of July beer.

But... if you don't have any bottles at the 4th of July, what are you going to drunkenly throw at your relatives?

But... if you don't have any bottles at the 4th of July, what are you going to drunkenly throw at your relatives?

Best take some 5 gal cornies to throw, don't want to damage that 2.5 one!

Bottle Rockets. It's a short trip from Denver up to Wyoming, where they sell the good stuff.

Nothing goes with beer like explosive devices. :drunk:

I could, but the 2.5 is a lot easier to haul around, and the CO2 injector simplifies dispensing; there's no need to take my CO2 bottle.

Back