Dip tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metsbrew

Reaction score
I'm in the process of making my first keggles. I just ordered myweldless ball valves from barain fittings, but forgot the dip tubes to go with. Is there something I can purchase at lowes or somewhere to use as a dip tube without welding?

Check the thread on the weldless fitting, I think from memory it is usually a 1/2" npt. Once you know the thread, decide on how the dip tube will attach, you could use some copper/stainless tube and either a compression or flare fitting, or even a couple of npt barrel nipples and a npt elbow would probably work.

I used just regular copper pipe and soldered a male NPT fitting and elbow on it... took about 5 mins. Soldering is super easy.

I used 1/2" copper tubing and a 1/2" NPT Compression fitting...fits right into the weld-less valves from BF. I don't like the idea of soldering the NPT on there b/c you have to get it screwed in dead-nuts for it to angle perfectly to the bottom, no???

Back