Sweetnes/Dryness number

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFBEER

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this somewhere I might not be looking for the right key words. I have family that suffers from migaraines and they need to know what number the wine is before they can drink it. Is there a way to estimate that number using hydrometer readings and kit type or is all about the wine makers experience.

I would have them stop drinking any of the red wines- I get horrible migraines from reds while I can drink the rose' and whites and any fruit wine that is made without red wine/grapes. Also have them watch out while eating chocolate too, dark chocolates will trigger them too.
A good remedy for migraines is a plant extract called Butterburr I have used this for a few years now and it really works to stop migraines in their tracks. You can find it in any good health food store and it has been used for many years in Europe and the UK.
But being a newby at making wine, I can't help with the wine numbers.:(

Back