HBT Official Memorable Quotes Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha...wait, really? I have 73 beagles in the basement on giant hamster wheels generating electricity for a custom burner in my garage, so really, I am only out a few dead beagles...which, by the way, only motivate the working beagles even more. It actually works out to net positive in terms of resource consumption.

In response to energy waste question posed by Bobby_M

The bacteria can just lay in wait and bide its time. I just read a thread somewhere on here where a guys barley wine was good for 3 years and then developed a gusher infection.
Now I am picturing a little lactobacillus dressed up in commando gear hiding behind a ridge of yeast carcasses on the bottom of a bottle. Watching, careful monitoring the deliciousness of the barleywine, waiting until the peak of flavorful glory and BOOM, time to get bacteria sex on...;)

This one got me... regarding neighbors calling the fuzz while you are brewing.

I have not had a cop-stop yet. But I have had a neighbor fill my mailbox with pamphlets on how bad deep fried turkey is for you. After talking to a few neighbors, the prevailing theory is that I eat 1-2 deep fried turkeys per week.

I thought this was classic, and made a good point

Thinking your own beer is great is like not minding the smell of your own farts. Getting other people to purchase your beer is like having the general public not mind the smell of your farts.

I would contend that it is fairly challenging to get others to enjoy your farts.

Everyone on the internet benches 300, makes better beer than any commercial brewery, has well behaved children, etc. Making a salable product is a whole different ball game than convincing yourself that you make a product that would be salable.

I am so freaking shaking. The ESPN coverage of this upcoming fight has been great. Peter Gammons was just on saying that the staph aureus showed up to training in the best shape of its life. Stuart Scott said "They call Iodophor 'Dikembe' because it's always cleaning the glass! Boo-yah!", but Chris Berman said "'When-you-Wish-Upon-A' StarSan could..go..all..the..WAY!"

Vegas has Starsan -3, but the unknown is how the bacteria evolve before the fight--they have time for a few dozen generations to develop heretofore unseen resistances.

epic. 1234567890

Making a starter also usually means your beer will take off sooner, because the first thing that the little buggers do in the presence of wort (whether in a flask or in a fermenter) is have an orgy to reproduce enough cells to do the job...So it won't take such a long time in the fermenter since they started doing it in the flask.

I really enjoyed this quote today for some reason.

Latest posts

Back