Spiced rum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean by just "spicing" a gold rum? Captain Morgan's not that expensive... And of course making rum yourself would be illegal. If you really wanted to customize the spices, you could probably heat a little of the rum you intend to spice and steep whatever spices you want, then combine with the rest of the bottle.

you can't. You will go to Jail. Concentration of Alcohol is Illegal in every country in the world except New Zealand

If you feel the need to try, Get some plain rum, add mulling spices, and let it sit for months.

Other than that, try Captain Morgan, or if you can find it Reggae Rum is the best spiced Rum in town.

I have a Wit Spiced rum at my house made by Dogfish head. I believe it's just corriander and orange peel. Tastes similar to captain. Goes great in soda, and isn't overbearing at all.

I dunno but i boutgh some of that Capt. Morgan's "Tattoo" rum. it was supposed to compete with Jagermeister...except its NOTHING like jager (which i can't even smell let alone drink)

tattoo and coke tastes almost like dr. pepper.

I'm fairly sure that spiced rum is flavored after distillation, so it's quite plausible to make your own spice mix to use in flavoring an existing bottle of rum. Find a brand you like, and experiment with steeping/infusion techniques. Clove, cinnamon, and vanilla might be a good place to start.

Back