Anyone in the Sarasota FL area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keiths

Reaction score
I will be on vacation from June 28 (sat) thru July 5 (Fri) In the Sarasota area visiting my son he lives on Siesta Key & is a Bartender at Salty Dog there.
Any Homebrewers that want to meet up that week? I will have plenty of free time.
Keith

Bump Bump !!!!
Must be no homebrewers or Beer drinkers in Sarasota area...:tank:

I don't live there, but my brother in law and his girlfriend do. She works at SCOB (Siesta Key Oyster Bar) right on the main drag of Siesta Key. Her name is Christy, tell her you know Justin Talbot (aka Boerderij Kabouter). That is a fun area, and an incredible beach!!!! It is a little lacking in beer culture though....

Ya I'v been to the Oyster Bar. I'v been going to Siesta Key the past 4 years to visit my son. One of the nice things about my son being a Bartender is I never have to pay any cover charges at any of the bars on the Key. And they sure dont have much in the way of good beer your right about that.

Yes Shakespear's , I was just talking to my son and that is the place he just said he was taking me to. Its just off the key. And I will stop in and say Hi to Christy also, What is your BL's name?

I will be on vacation from June 28 (sat) thru July 5 (Fri) In the Sarasota area visiting my son he lives on Siesta Key & is a Bartender at Salty Dog there.
Any Homebrewers that want to meet up that week? I will have plenty of free time.
Keith

man i just saw this thread. i was there the same week visiting my sister that lives in siesta key. she used to bartend at scob now shes moved on to bigger and better things. wish i would have seen this before i left for vacation

That would have been great because like I said I had alot of free time, But I spent most of my time at saltydog, They got me 2 case's of Dead Guy ale for cost and I just left them there and drank em when I was there and took some back to the house.

Yeah all I did was hang out at the beach with a mini keg basically the whole time except for rainy days pretty much all you can do there I believe I went to salty dog one night its the place in sarasota near the movie theater right?
That would have been great because like I said I had alot of free time, But I spent most of my time at saltydog, They got me 2 case's of Dead Guy ale for cost and I just left them there and drank em when I was there and took some back to the house.

There's a movie theater there? I have been going there for the past 3 years and never new they had one. They have 2 Salty Dogs one is on Long Boat Key by the bridge and the one my son works at is right on the main street in Siesta Key, The last bar before U leave the key.

Oh ok then it was a different bar I went to. But yeah in sarasota there's a movie theater downtown its a small downtown but actually have some nice bars there
There's a movie theater there? I have been going there for the past 3 years and never new they had one. They have 2 Salty Dogs one is on Long Boat Key by the bridge and the one my son works at is right on the main street in Siesta Key, The last bar before U leave the key.

I'll be leaving a few days before you get there. We go almost every year. The movie theater is up where 41 splits to 301 (if you go to the right) just before the marina.

EDIT: Just realized this was an old thread.

Back