Seattle area HBT'ers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblvsn

Reaction score
I will be out in Seattle for a few weeks for training and was wondering if any of you would be interested in getting together for a few beers and swapping some stories? I'm thinking either Friday, April 20 or Saturday the 21st at the Issaquah Brewhouse
Let me know what your thoughts are. Cheers! :mug:

I'm actually heading to Portland that weekend for the Hair of the Dog Brewing Co.'s anniversary party. How long are you in town and where are you staying? I'd be happy to host a NW beer tour!

Well I've made my way out to Seattle finally. I'll be out here the next 3 weeks if anyone is interested in getting together for a few beers. If you can't make it how about suggesting some pubs/bars for me to check out while I'm out here. :mug:

Since you'll be staying in the Bellevue area, be sure and check out The Taphouse Grill in downtown Bellevue. With 160 taps, I'm sure you'll find a few beers to your liking. Other noteworthy places to visit while in town are:

Big Time Brewery in the U District
Elysian Brewing Company on Capitol Hill
Pike Brewing Company at Pike Place Market
Collins Pub in Pioneer Square (My local)
The Dog & Pony Alehouse in Renton
Rogue Issaquah Brewhouse in Issaquah
Redhook Ale Brewery in Woodinville
The Duck Island Alehouse in Seattle (near Greenlake)
Uber in Seattle (2 blocks north of the Duck Island)
Brouwer's in Fremont
Bottleworks in Wallingford (For beers to take back with you to IA)

dblvsn finally ended up at Naked City Brewing Company after a night of drinking at Collins Pub.

0000000 003.jpg

Thanks Perry for coming by. It was a pleasure having you, Mark and Nina over for the evening. Have a safe trip back to Iowa...YETI!

I apologize for not being able to post this sooner but I just want to give a huge thanks to Brewtopia and his SWMBO for showing me a fantastic time in Seattle. Brewtopia was able to hook me up judging beer for a local competition while I was out there. We met up a few nights later for a few beers at The Collins Pub in the Pioneer Square area. Then the highlight of the trip was a tour of the Naked City Brewing Company!! I've been to a lot of breweries but this one blew my mind. You've got one amazing home...er.. brewery Brewtopia! Again thank you so much!!!:mug:
5975-CollinsBrewery1.jpg

5975-CollinsBrewery3.jpg

Just a quick warning... I'm coming back!!! :rockin: Will be out there October 2 and 3.

Brewtopia, I'm coming for your fridge first. I'll bring a straw for suckin samples out of your barrell:D

Anyone else want to get together?

Honestly Brewtopia, you need to put together a video tour of your place. Every shot I see of it looks like it's wall-to-wall beer.

rdwj said:
Honestly Brewtopia, you need to put together a video tour of your place. Every shot I see of it looks like it's wall-to-wall beer.

In reality, it pretty much is. Walls, closets, etc... It's a small place and besides beer, the only other major thing is Brewtopia's extensive collection of classic movies and TV shows.

Originally posted by dblvsn
Brewtopia, I'm coming for your fridge first. I'll bring a straw for suckin samples out of your barrell

Absolutely. Bring a crazy straw, we'll have a party!:mug:

Originally posted by rdwj

LOL, it's true. I don't brew where I live...I live in a brewery!:D

Unfortunately the middle of the week doesn't work out too well for me. If it were a weekend I'd definately give it a shot. Trying to see if I can get out there for Elysian's Pumpkin Fest, depending on whether or not that is the weekend SWMBO is going out of town.

Hey dblvsn, Stix Brewery, where I've been working is having a cigar & cask porter night on the 3rd. Are you up for it? Cigar and a pint of cask porter for $10 and you get to keep the Stix logo glass.

Any other Seattle HBTer's out there want to welcom dblvsn back to town? I just tapped my IPA and Belgian Wit, we'll be taking samples from the barrel on Tuesday night. Wednesday it's off to Stix on South Lake Union for some Cask Porter and cigars.

Come on down!

Well dblvsn has come and gone. We managed to sneek in a few beers during his visit.

Beer tasting at Naked City Brewing Company
dblvsn 010.jpg

The Barrel Aged Beer, "Grapes of Wrath" awaits
dblvsn 0001 sample awaits.jpg

Drawing the first sample
dblvsn 0002 sample one.jpg

dblvsn draws his sample
dblvsn 0003 sample two dbl.jpg

Samples in hand
dblvsn 0004 sample in hand.jpg

The nose
dblvsn 0005 sample tasting.jpg

dblvsn tastes
dblvsn 0006 dblvsn tastes.jpg

dblvsn ready to post his thoughts in the HBT chatroom
dblvsn 0007 dblvsn ready to make notes on HBT chat.jpg

dblvsn in HBT Chat live from Naked City Brewing Co.
dblvsn 0007 dblvsn makes notes on HBT chat.jpg

The next night we went to Stix Brewery, which is one of the breweries that I have been working at. The following pictures are of dblvsn and I in the Stix brewhouse.
dblvsn 0008 Stix.jpg
dblvsn 0009 Stix.jpg
dblvsn 021.jpg

Thanks for coming by dblvsn. It was a lot of fun. See you in Denver! :mug:

Brewtopia, with your place lighted the way it is in the pics, it really does look like you guys are chilling at a brewpub. Wish I could have made it.

I feel like a celebrity now! :rockin: Big thanks to Brewtopia and his swmbo for their hospitality. As usual the beers were fantastic. Well I wasn't a big fan of the IPA but the other 5 or so were spectacular. Can't wait to make it out there again. Until next time... Prost!!:mug:

Back