yuengling clone from AHS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bier-brauer

Reaction score
has anybody tried the Yuengling brew kit from AHS? I would like to try that next or go with a warsteiner recipe.

I just made up a recipe and brewed it. I call it the Pottsville Pale Ale. I'll let you know how it turns out and if it's anything close to Yeungling. They use Cluster and Cascade hops in Premium and Lager. I figure they're around 20 IBU's. I live near Pottsville so I get to sample a lot of the real thing. Since I'm still an extract brewer I didn't use any adjuncts. I understand they use a lot of corn.

3lbs ELDME
3lbs LDME

steep @ 155F for 30 min in 2 gallons
.5lbs C40L
.5lbs Carapils

5 gallon boil volume
.5 oz Cluster 60min
.5 oz Cascade 30min
.5 oz Cascade 5min

Whirfloc 15min

transfer to primary and top of to 5 gallons

US-05 @ 65 F

1.053 SG
1.013 FG
5.2% ABV
20.6 IBU's
7.6 SRM

Yes, please do. I'd love to try to make it into a black & tan (of course, I just need to figure out what's in the 'tan' part . . .)

Yes, please do. I'd love to try to make it into a black & tan (of course, I just need to figure out what's in the 'tan' part . . .)

According to a Yuengling tour I took a few years ago, they said it was 50/50 porter and premium and it has recently changed to 60/40 porter premium.

Back