Airlock started bubbling again...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmojo

Reaction score
Is this normal? I mean, put it in the fermenter almost two weeks ago, and I was about to check the gravity, so I'll know in two days if it's ready to bottle. Instead, I moved it to where I could work with it, and when I put it down, it was bubbling again.

I'm pretty sure it had stopped at some point. I did a light swirl a couple of days ago... is this why it's bubbling again?

BTW... My second batch ever... My first batch is just ready as of today.

First batch: Slightly botched strawberry wheat beer. Chunky style.

Second batch: Sexy momma ale recipe I found, plus one pound of honey, minus vanilla bean. Two cans John Bull extract, a pound and a half of pre-milled malt, pound of lactose, mild hops. safbrew s-33 yeast...

drmojo said:
Is this normal? I mean, put it in the fermenter almost two weeks ago, and I was about to check the gravity, so I'll know in two days if it's ready to bottle. Instead, I moved it to where I could work with it, and when I put it down, it was bubbling again.

I'm pretty sure it had stopped at some point. I did a light swirl a couple of days ago... is this why it's bubbling again?

BTW... My second batch ever... My first batch is just ready as of today.

First batch: Slightly botched strawberry wheat beer. Chunky style.

Second batch: Sexy momma ale recipe I found, plus one pound of honey, minus vanilla bean. Two cans John Bull extract, a pound and a half of pre-milled malt, pound of lactose, mild hops. safbrew s-33 yeast...

What it sounds like to me is that when you moved it you kicked up some excess Co2... Take the bung out and put it and the airlock back in and i assure you it won't bubble again. If it does then you probably just kicked it up.

Back