How often do you replace siphon and blowoff tubing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrady

Reaction score
Hey all, I was just wondering how often you change your tubing out. I've been bottling about 5 batches with my siphon tubing before replacing, rinsing it very good after each use, and sanitizing before use. I replace my blowoff rigs once I can't get the yeast and hop junk to clean out of the inside of the tubing which seems to be about 3 batches. Am I over killing this, or am I not replacing enough? Thanks

I may be a newb, but why would you need to replace your siphon tubing? I use a bottle washer to clean it out and then pump some sanitizer through it after every batch. Since there's not really anything in your wort to be scratching it up inside, why replace? Am I missing something?

I'm probaly just over killing it. I just figured that even with rinsing good after use, eventually some nasties are going to try to start living on the inside of my tubing.

I usually replace my tubing once I notice some sort of color change. Usually from soaking in oxyclean or starsan.

Latest posts

Back