Bell's Brewery has Empty Bottles for Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmdrico7812

Reaction score
I was at Bell's last night (actually a whole day of microbrews; Dark Horse to Arcadia to Bell's to Old Peninsula), and stopped in their store. They have home brew supplies including grain (I saw a 50 lb. bag of grain for $47). Anyway, I'm running out of empty bottle at home so I checked out their prices.

Oh so cheap: $5 for a case of 24, 12oz. amber bottles! I usually pay $12 for an empty case at my LHBS. The bottles come in a cool Bell's box too. So I bought 4 cases and it was just over $20. So if you're in the Kalamazoo area and you need empties to bottle your beer, look no further than Bell's for new empty bottles on the cheap. Just thought I'd share.

Well, dang. That is cheap.

I bought some from them when they were in the building behind, next to the loading docks, for about $12. They must have significant inventory.

but +1 to buying Bell's bottles with beer in them and emptying myself. :)

arcadia ales labels come of easier than bells do.

and if you were taking a tour of breweries here in my neck of the woods(i live 5min from arcadia and about 20 to dark horse or bells) why the hell didn't you say anything?

Sorry eriktlupus, I didn't think to announce our trip down there. If you ever embark on a tour of the middle tier of breweries (Grand Rapids area), let me know and I'll buy you a pint.

I've paid $40 for 50 lbs of 2-row (Canada Malting Company).

Also, I get plenty of Bells bottles from the beer store and drink them empty! But since I live in MI anyway, I can get unlimited bottles for 0.10 apiece at the beer store. They let me scrummage through the returnable area.

I'd hate to have to pay for empties for real!

Back